Lastest CbB installed - Sustain Pedal Issue

Are you meaning midi CC 12? 
Or midi channel 12?  
I’ll assume you have the pedal connected to a midi keyboard controller. 
And you don’t mention what the situation is. Is this a fresh project or an old project?  
Is this a template? 
A download midi file? 
Have you made changes to the midi or instruments input filters in the advanced midi settings? 

I am confused - CC 64 is pedal.

image.png.d7a95cf8e2fa7410f673c608feabbffc.png

image.png.2aad4f1b7ec4f8bb7e3e7ec486606bf4.png

Did you block CC 64 somewhere or did you possibly bind the event to something else in key bindings. Make sure also that you did not somehow set it to be your shift option in Keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am meaning the CC 64 for sustain pedal is recording CC 12.  Nothing changed other than I updated CbB.  I have a standard Piano Practice project where I 1st noticed the issue upon launch of CbB.  I tried other projects and they too had the same issue.

I used the suggestion of msmcleod and that resolved the issue.  I have never used this section of the preferences, so I am unsure it changed during the update of if it was something else.

Have a nice weekend.

Lance

Now I have to revisit this issue.  Upon launching CbB this morning (and trying system restart) I am back to the sustain peddle not working.

The events being recorded using just the sustain pedal.

image.png.ed7be142603048d9a0308b36bba30998.png

Here are my settings as suggested above.

image.png.9e889f3468b1174de7b4b58a7119bd48.png

When in Preferences and clicking on Keyboard Shortcuts, CbB is slow to respond before the screen is displayed.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,

Lance

That looks more like what an expression pedal would generate (continuous values between 0 and 127)

A sustain pedal usually sends 0 or 127 only.

I just did a quick test with the latest CbB and my sustain pedal definitely only transmitted CC64 0 or 127

Are you sure you do not have any CC remapping plugins active at all?

Also check in the keyboard you have your pedal connected. Some of them store presets then it takes just changing a preset to get such results. And yeah, typical sustain pedal can't even send continuous data, just on/off, could be you are using standalone pedal (board)? They can store presets as well.

Edited by chris.r

MIDIOX Output

image.png.607869c379a9dffd75d2b2d720da53a1.png

I have also noticed some other things not working.

My Ilok manager (Pace) keeps disabling.

My screenshot tool (Lightshot) keeps disabling.

I am feeling as if the update of CbB may simply be a coincidence and the problem is caused by some other systemwide change.  Possibly another software or a Windows update.

Regards,

Lance

Sounds like you may have a dirty USB connection, a bad USB cable, or pending USB hub failure if you use one.  It could even be a power supply issue in the PC itself.

I'd start by giving your USB ports / cables a clean. Electrical contact cleaner, or even WD40 should be fine for that.

I found some services that were being disabled by something.  Also, the service was not launching at startup.

This one seems to be the issue.  When I start it, the sustain pedal behaves as expected.

image.png.d5e138d16809c30ebfbde49f086e2cd8.png

Without this running no instrument in my CbB sees the sustain pedal regardless of if NI or other.

Regards,

Lance

Edited by SonusProject
Clarified service must running for sustain to work in CbB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else has this issue, the solution was not easy to find, and it was unrelated to CbB.

The program CCleaner has a section where it controls putting services to sleep.  In my case, the services I needed for CbB would be put to sleep on some schedule only known to CCleaner.  Once I the removed the ability for the service to sleep, all issues were resolved.

Best regards,

Lance

1 hour ago, SonusProject said:

The program CCleaner has a section where it controls putting services to sleep.  In my case, the services I needed for CbB would be put to sleep on some schedule only known to CCleaner.  Once I the removed the ability for the service to sleep, all issues were resolved.

Removing Ccleaner can resolve a whole host of issues in general. It may have had value once upon a time but not with later versions of Windows (10+).

Causes more issues than it solves in my experience, but you may feel you still have a need for it.

Glad you got it fixed 👍

Andy