Epiphone ES-335 Traditional Pro Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar Inverness Green

cclarry

I recently got a Joe Bonamassa Lazarus Epiphone Les Paul and I couldn't be more happy with the sound and build quality of my guitar. If I didn't have so many guitars already (though I don't have a hollow body) I would get this. I like the color and I know it would probably play well too.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

The reviews say the pickups are good, which is sort of surprising but great news for this model (335s are the hardest pups to change than any other guitar). Same price I got mine for 20+ years ago. Only issue I have ever had is the head is so big it wants to dive down with a normal strap so need one with more friction to prevent that.

• Like 1

Cool guitar!

But I wonder why the color is called Inverness Green? Once I was in Inverness (long ago, when I was young, at the time of my avatar photo), but I did not see a comparable color around there!

14 hours ago, abacab said:

At least it doesn't have the *cough* Gibson brand name on it...

I had some budget electric I traded in for an LP Studio back in 2010.  That was also when you got a case with them.  They didn't have one so they knocked another 100 off. The problem with a case that says Gibson or Fender might as well say "Steal Me".  The beauty of imports is the consistency is them same. Not so with America made unless it's PRS.

Not a bad deal, I would have considered it but thankfully I missed it :) I have a set of Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups that I'd like to put into a semi-hollow but I'm leaning more toward the Epiphone Sheraton II Pro (likely a used model) since I like those a bit more than the Epi 335.  I've had a Gibson 335 Dot (1980something date range) and it was amazing but the Epi versions are quite good and hopefully people don't turn away from these Epi versions as they'll miss out on some quite nice guitars if they do.

And the pickup swap would be much harder than most other guitars as @mettelus notes so I think I'm too old for that ____ at this point and would just get it done by someone with more patience that wants to make a few bucks.  I'll stick with work on solidbody electrics that are easier to deal with!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Sire came out with a 335 clone last year, partnered with Larry Carleton, which is supposed to be pretty good too. A little more expensive than the Epis, but still a lot less than the Gibbies.

My colleague has their Marcus Miller model bass and says it is great especially for the price.  I'll check out the Sire 335 clone, so far seems like an excellent choice.  A bit thin at the nut but that's a 335 thing to be expected.  Ebony fretboard and bone nut in that price range is hard to beat.