Windows 11 with Sonar Platinum

GroverKen

I’m having to reinstall everything after a hard disk problem. I’m thinking about upgrading to Windows 11 and using my old Sonar Platinum installation files to get everything I had before along with Cakewalk by BandLab.

Has anyone else here reinstalled from scratch on Windows 11 and how successful was it?

I haven't done a clean install of Win 11, but I left Sonar Platinum and all my plug-ins installed when I converted to Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I tried the old Sonar Platinum about a month ago (I have Win 11 Pro) and everything still works.   I suspect it will install without problems.  At worst, install Sonar in a Windows 7 compatibility mode if you run into a problem with the install.

7 hours ago, Jack Stoner said:

I haven't done a clean install of Win 11, but I left Sonar Platinum and all my plug-ins installed when I converted to Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I tried the old Sonar Platinum about a month ago (I have Win 11 Pro) and everything still works.   I suspect it will install without problems.  At worst, install Sonar in a Windows 7 compatibility mode if you run into a problem with the install.

Thanks for the information.

All seems fine. The Sonar installation is working and everything appears to have been picked up in Cakewalk by BandLab.

• 1 year later...

I Purchased the Sonar Platinum upgrade before they switched hands to Band lab and am a long time user. I love the software.  I just purchased a new Lenovo Idea Centre Mini (1L Intel) 90W2000GUT. I5 13th Gen.  I use a 32" dell monitor S3222DGM at 120hz refresh rate.  I did a scratch install of Sonar Platinum online and everything is working.  I haven't had any crashes or issues; it runs very stable.  I use Kontakt 7/ Komplete standard, JAMSTIK standard, Addictive Drums 2 and other devices/software and they all work fine.  For an audio interface I'm using a Behringer XR18, I have had latency down to 64 with no issues but haven't stress tested with more than 8 audio tracks yet. Round trip is about 4ms with multiple tracks.  I also have a PreSonus interface but haven't tried it yet.  I'm sure all audio devices will work as long as the device and drivers have windows 11 support.  so far, all the VST's, Plug-in's, USB Jamstik, midi keyboards show up and work just fine.  VST-3's work fine.  I have even recorded the Jamstik in MPE mode and it works great.  

On 6/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, GroverKen said:

I’m having to reinstall everything after a hard disk problem. I’m thinking about upgrading to Windows 11 and using my old Sonar Platinum installation files to get everything I had before along with Cakewalk by BandLab.

Has anyone else here reinstalled from scratch on Windows 11 and how successful was it?

Windows 11 works fine and I have had no problems whatsoever.
I even installed Sonar 8.5 and it worked too.

Edited by garybrun

In general Microsoft is very good with backwards compatibility of software.  SONAR makes extensive use of Microsoft libraries, which makes compatibility far more likely.

I've running  SONAR Platinum on Windows 11 without issue.

Device drivers for your audio device might be a different matter however, so best to double check there are Windows 11 compatible drivers for your audio interface.