mark skinner

Hello , I Finally got this one ready to submit. My main objective was to learn about acoustic IR's to record my "go to" thin bodied Washburn Monterey Studio acoustic using the piezo pickup. It's panned to the left and the IR made a Huge difference. My nylon Godin Hybrid is panned to the right.  I bought the basic version of Bias FX and used it on my G&L ASAT.  After profiling my neck pickup I used a PRS guitar match setting. After finding and modifying a lead preset I got sounds and sustain that I've never heard from this guitar. Awesome software   Any crits and suggestions for improvement are welcomed. This is a New mix with added MT Power drum tracks.     Thanks ..   mark

https://soundcloud.com/user-810058643/biased?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1

Sounds good Mark, I was wondering how the Biasfx worked out for you.  I doubt I could capture my real amps as well, the plugins are just so easy to get great tones out of.  The mix is pretty good but I found myself wanting to turn up the distorted guitar just a bit, it feels like it should be in front a little. 

• Like 1

@jwnicholson78 and @Wookiee Thanks guys for the listen and comments. @KSband I agree with you. After uploading this to Soundcloud the first time , I took it down and re-panned the guitars. In the process I backed off the lead guitar a little. I was wondering myself if I overdid it. Appreciate the suggestion and will address it later.   Thanks ..  mark

Another superb piece here Mark ! Interesting percussion choices, instead of the traditional drum kit . . . I think this works really well, as it totally stays out of the low mid range where all the interesting guitar polyphony is happening. The percussion has a kind of water droplet sound that I didn't hear in the first version of the mix, and bringing up the volume of the electric guitar worked well, now it's more featured melody wise. The electric squeal thing around 2:40 is exquisite. High end guitar tech, and high end creative playing . . . always like to tune in here to hear what you're up to next . . .

Regards, Bruce

• Like 1