Cinesamples Sale of the Summer - up to 75% off, including end-of-life discounts on select libraries

Amicus717

55 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

So by "end of life", do they essentially mean that one day a new Kontakt version (like a Kontakt 9) may break the library?

Any other end-of-life scenarios to be aware of?

From https://cinesamples.com/productGroup/end-of-life

End of Life

These products will no longer be available for purchase after July 1st, 2022. Going forward, all our products will be compatible with the free Kontakt Player and NKS encoding, and libraries that did not meet the criteria for re-encoding will be discontinued. These products will not be receiving any future updates. They will continue to be supported, meaning existing owners will be able to download them again in the future and can ask our Support Team for guidance on getting the best use out of them. We are excited to streamline our customer experience by providing everything in the free Kontakt Player format, and are proud to be one of the first Native Instruments partner companies to make this commitment.

Looks like it means you can re-download them, and ask their support team who may or may not be able to get it working.

I'm a little surprised that they canned some of their newer libraries like Continuum Guitars and Sew What; I guess they're focusing on their orchestral roots.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:30 PM, antler said:

I'm a little surprised that they canned some of their newer libraries like Continuum Guitars and Sew What; I guess they're focusing on their orchestral roots.

I remember seriously considering Continuum Guitars when it intro'd at $249 a year ago. Much happier to grab it at $63 today.