TD50K2 The next phase!.

Tony Carpenter

I’m in the middle of a house move. I was going to get a portable drum room, but, in rental property from the 18th century, you’d still hear my acoustic drums. In addition, big cost very little chance of a return.., so, same cost… this!!

I’ll post again when all set up.

cheers

BCB07895-5CD1-4A14-86BC-E7091D37FBCA.jpeg

• Like 2

And now the real fun begins. I discovered I hadn’t installed the hihat fully with the securing clamp for the lower part. I have to say it’s very close to a real hihat in feel now. Need to definitely make up my own kit. BT1 percussion bar is going to be my cowbell or whatever going forward.  I need to make hihat play a mini tambourine on close a little rattle on play velocity. 

4C68CB4D-3465-48C4-83DC-440B5027243D.jpeg

Edited by Tony Carpenter
Added photo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, craigb said:

Stare at it now while it's still clean!  'Cause this is what will happen after you play for a bit!  😁

06-Studio2010-04.jpg

Lol, I hear ya!. I’m reasonably good at cleaning. Those rubber pads got nasty quickly on my old td10 back in 2001 I remember :). 

• 3 months later...

Time for an update?. Well I’ve added a little and tomorrow my Alesis Strike Multipad is coming. Wide angle photo alert, makes my far right 10in look 12in lol.

I’ve reached a point where the Roland kit is properly engaging the player in me. I can tweak it more yet, but general consensus is it sounds great.

A894B167-14B6-432C-8BCD-27D0DA8CB36C.jpeg

Edited by Tony Carpenter
  • Like 3

And, the final?, layout. I was over reaching for the Alesis. Now it’s a natural placement. In my vision of expanding my kit I overlooked a major issue that reared it’s head too.

My 12 inch Tom 4 and my China placement extra cymbal had been plugged into the loom correct places. Tom 4 completely ceased sounding the head and as a result I bought a new skin and was about to replace cone… also that cymbal was a bit squirrelly. 

Both are now plugged directly into the TD50x and the issues are no more. Important lesson, don’t use the supplied sockets on loom from Roland!!. Sheez

10A42395-5CDC-4C9B-B003-CBBC49E0EEFD.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...