Independence Pro Sampler by Magix

Astraios

Question

Hi and hello

Anybody out there using "Independence Pro" sampler by Magix?

It's  comparatively a software like "Kontakt" from NI (maybe even better)

I've bought it years ago and now can't start it anymore as VST in CbB in my projects since I chanced my mainboard and CPU.

In standalone modus no prob at all.

It was sucessfully accepted by the CbB VST check and it is listed in the plug-in manager.

HoweverI remember, it took half an eternity doing that but it did.

Now CbB crashes when I try to load this VST (Independence)

I#LL be happy to hear from you.

Thx a lot

Uwo

6 answers to this question

Sounds like an activation issue. This is the type of behavior the plug-in shows when trying to run the version bundled with Samplitude. Although that version is locked to Samplitude, it passes the CbB scanner OK but crashes the DAW when loading it into a project.

Thank you for reply, Scook 🙂

As I mensioned, I have no trouble in stand-alone mode, so I'm not sure it is about registration.

What I did is the following. In plug-in manager I've chosen to start Independence with my jBridge-software

and : ta-ta! it started just as snipping with my fingers.

I find this quiet confusing… ha ha 🧐

plug-in mana2.png

9 hours ago, Pragi said:

AFAIK  Independence Pro in the X Suite bundle is locked to Samplitude.

Don´t know if you bought Independency  as a separate plugin.

Yes, while ago I've had bought it as a separate plug-in and now I'm thinking about switch to NI Kontakt (124 Dollars would they charge me for it right now)

Didn't realize, there were new updates (Version 3.5) Got a message from Magix Samplitude.

They strongly recommened to update Independence Pro.

So  I updated from 3.2 to 3.5 and after the obligatory fumbling   of 3 or 5 hours it finally works fine without jBridge

Edited by Astra-Ios

Glad you got this sorted out : I've used Independence for many years. I bought it as a separate program before Magix bought it from Yellow tools. I also have a version of Samplitude ( Pro X2 I believe ) . I have a very big fear of loosing it if I upgrade. Luckily I am not locked to Samplitude with my version - but I fear that I will be someday. It's confusing to sort out the same  programs when there are multiple licensing involved. Great Sampler - too bad Magix didn't invest in upgrading and expanding - I thinks it's far superior to Kontakt in many regards to it's basic design.