VST3 crashing CbB

Hello friends. I'm having a problem when I load any instrument in VST3 format. Always results in AppCrash. Cakewalk totally crashes and closes.

1 - I opened a project that was already working on the version before the update. When I tried to open it it took more than 5 minutes to open the project, but it opened anyway. But every time I open the project again, the program takes more than 5 minutes to open.

2 - I created a new VST3 virtual instrument track, it ran for some time, but when I started to make changes it gave AppCrash and closed.

3 - I created a new VST3 virtual instrument track and decided to delete the instrument, when I went to delete the instrument Cakewalk gave AppCrash and closed.

VST2 works normally, but in VST3 I'm having horrible problems, I can't work that way. Thanks.

Some instruments that had problems: Spitfire LABS, Spitfire BBC Orchestra, Ampled Bass Upright, among others.

1 hour ago, Sabilá Estúdio said:

Hello friends. I'm having a problem when I load any instrument in VST3 format. Always results in AppCrash. Cakewalk totally crashes and closes.

1 - I opened a project that was already working on the version before the update. When I tried to open it it took more than 5 minutes to open the project, but it opened anyway. But every time I open the project again, the program takes more than 5 minutes to open.

2 - I created a new VST3 virtual instrument track, it ran for some time, but when I started to make changes it gave AppCrash and closed.

3 - I created a new VST3 virtual instrument track and decided to delete the instrument, when I went to delete the instrument Cakewalk gave AppCrash and closed.

VST2 works normally, but in VST3 I'm having horrible problems, I can't work that way. Thanks.

Some instruments that had problems: Spitfire LABS, Spitfire BBC Orchestra, Ampled Bass Upright, among others.

Have you reported this to Spitfire as well the fact that VST2 loads but not the VST3 could be a clue as to where the problem lies. 

Just a thought to be considered. 

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Sabilá Estúdio said:

Am I the only one having this issue with the new 2022.06 update?

There does not appear to be anyone else reporting an issue. The suggestion to report to Spitfire is just a suggestion. 

When experiencing an issue with software it is wise to report to both suppliers rather than assume that only one, in this case the DAW, is the product with the problem.