Plus local VAT taxes in Europe*
Save 90% 

Unfiltered Audio TRIAD
NEW!!! Multiband Version of BYOME. Existing BYOME owners pay only $49

$299 $149
Plus local VAT taxes in Europe*
Save 50% 

+ 67 MORE DEALS FROM $5 - $149 !!

I'm tempted by Phil's Cascade for $29 bucks. But I already have all the other plugins in the PA's "Tone/Character" section (HG-2, Refinement, Saturator, Karacter... etc). I feel I'd be getting it more to 'complete the collection' than any better reason.

Maybe I should get bx_Subsynth for $9 instead. I'd spend less and would get a different kind of processor (although I also have similar plugins from Waves f.i. but, from what I read, PA's approach to bass enhancement is more sophisticated).

This whole plugin thing is becoming silly 😕

Edited by Sergio

13 minutes ago, Mesh said:

How is that Steroemaker plugin....anyone have it?

It works.  I use it when I get a one-mic'ed acoustic guitar track that needs to be wide in the mix.

You have to adjust the knobs to get the best sound for whatever instrument you are using it for.

I think it uses a combination of Haas effect and comb filtering to get the stereo field.

It is mono compatible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

How is that Steroemaker plugin....anyone have it?

Hey Mesh, yes I have it too.

I use it in a similar way to Mike on acoustics but also on clean electric tracks to create some width when I don't want to add any effects that would achieve the same but add an effect (e.g. chorus/flange).  There is a mono frequency control so that you can leave mono anything below that frequency which is useful for emulating that Boz pan knob. You can also solo the mid/side to isolate the mid (mono) and side (virtual stereo) signals to hear them in isolation. It looks as though there are some preset options but my preset list is blank. I notice in my account that there is an option to upgrade to Schoeps Mono Upmix for $49.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Hey Mesh, yes I have it too.

I use it in a similar way to Mike on acoustics but also on clean electric tracks to create some width when I don't want to add any effects that would achieve the same but add an effect (e.g. chorus/flange).  There is a mono frequency control so that you can leave mono anything below that frequency which is useful for emulating that Boz pan knob. You can also solo the mid/side to isolate the mid (mono) and side (virtual stereo) signals to hear them in isolation. It looks as though there are some preset options but my preset list is blank. I notice in my account that there is an option to upgrade to Schoeps Mono Upmix for $49.

Thanks Zinc.

I got Shredspread (for free with that coupon) and just read your post now. It seems to fit the bill quite nicely and suited well for guitar work. I appreciate the details on Stereomaker and possibly might get that on the next  'freebie' coupon lol.

Cheers!!