CW Doesn't Remember Hidden Tracks

I'm running the newest version of CW and have seen this issue in previous versions. 

I have a file with 33 MIDI tracks.  After composition is complete I insert an audio track and render to the piece to audio.   If I am satisfied with the recording, I mute, archive and hide all of the MIDI files so I can focus on post-production issues and wave file enhancements. 

When I save the file and re-open it, all of the hidden tracks, except the last one (#33) are visible.  It doesn't matter whether I use a Workspace or not.  CW doesn't remember that the tracks are hidden.   It also doesn't matter whether the tracks are muted or archived.   I've tried this on two machines, getting the same result.  CW doesn't remember hidden tracks anymore.

Thanks,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Gerber

Just gave it a test on a couple of projects then - one with mostly audio tracks, and one with a crap-ton of MIDI in a big orchestral template. Both saved the state of the hidden tracks as I left it.

Sorry, Jerry - can't reproduce here. Not sure what might be causing that. :/ 

3 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Just gave it a test on a couple of projects then - one with mostly audio tracks, and one with a crap-ton of MIDI in a big orchestral template. Both saved the state of the hidden tracks as I left it.

Sorry, Jerry - can't reproduce here. Not sure what might be causing that. :/ 

Hmm, I wonder what's causing this.  I'll contact CW tech support.

Thanks for replying..

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Is your current screenset locked?

Hey Bristol,

You solved it for me!   Thanks.  I don't use screensets anymore as I prefer workspaces.  But the files I was having this issue on had  screensets hidden on the Control Bar locked.  As soon as I unhid them and unlocked all of them, the Hide Tracks function works again. 

Best.,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Gerber
  • Like 1