- Internal support for new sound content, “The Grunge Tapes"
- Imported samples now autofill to cover notes between and around root keys
- Fixed a bug where velocity was not recalling in plug-in instance

Run the IK Product Manager to update

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The new Grunge Teams content is free for SampleTron 2 owners, if that's not clear.

I was wondering why I got dmg files. Looks like the zip buttons on the resources page download dmg files and vice versa.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

This is a known problem.  Don't bother reporting it to IK Multimedia.  

It's probably why they have to limit sound downloads. People download terabytes of wrong files every day. 😉

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The new Grunge Teams content is free for SampleTron 2 owners, if that's not clear.

It's a bit different than a typical expected Mellotron type of sound (the soundtrack is all from the new set except the drums) but cool nonetheless.

Where do these presets come from.  I've updated to 2.04, and they don't show.  Also, nothing in my Sounds downloads in IK Manager.

No, you should download the update and the sounds from the IK Product Manager, there's a single download button there for the sounds (and yes the presets are in there) and IK Product Manager is the main supported method for installation and authorization.  You just need to go to the sounds tab under SampleTron 2.

The User Area is a fallback and not the main method for updating current products, that would be the IK Product Manager.  And yes, the issue of the swapped files in the IK User Area has been reported. 

ikpmstron2grunge.thumb.jpg.32f2d2823eb91ffe8e70d4fc03424ffc.jpg

29 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The User Area is a fallback and not the main method for updating current products, that would be the IK Product Manager.  And yes, the issue of the swapped files in the IK User Area has been reported. 

As noted in another thread I stumbled onto the grunged tapes when looking to see if I had updated a few other products which some Cakewalk Forum members were kind enough to mention receiving e-mails about.  I indeed used the Product Manager and it worked for me.  Its always nice when things work! 🙂 

I just checked the User Area and the ones listed under Windows are now the zip versions.  Not sure if that varies from user to user, but it was good to see that it works.

When we consider how long a couple of malformed SYN2 files were still being erroneously installed by the Product Manager (after it was first reported and users were being told it was fixed), I think it is important for users to be well-versed in multiple methods of installing sound content.

In any case, its nice to see User Area downloads working properly. 

@Peter - IK Multimedia If you had a role in helping other IK departments to realize the need to fix the downloads, thanks!!

Edited by User 905133