Re: Addictive Drums 2 and Samples

TedPiano

Hi All,

Re: Addictive Drums and Adding Samples in the Flexi Pads

I seem to remember it is possible to add external samples to AD2 but for the life of me I can't find where I saw it.

Does anyone know how to do it or am I completely mistaken.

Any help most welcome

Best

Ed

2 minutes ago, mritenburg said:

What you can do is drag the MIDI track out of AD and then use it to trigger a different instrument that contains your own samples. 

Sure! Then you could use that integrated Cakewalk sampler to play your own samples with.

Oh, wait ... ;)

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Sure! Then you could use that integrated Cakewalk sampler to play your own samples with.

Oh, wait ... ;)

Based on your Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 avatar, I figured you'd have Cyclone hanging around, but maybe not.   🚧

1 hour ago, mritenburg said:

Based on your Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 avatar, I figured you'd have Cyclone hanging around, but maybe not.   🚧

I deleted Cyclone years ago. It was an interesting idea for its time! But I have Studio One  to tinker with now. Impact XT would be my go-to for triggering drum samples!

But it would be nice if the bakers would add an integrated sampler to Cakewalk at some point! SampleOne XT and Impact XT are good examples for using external samples or ones own samples quickly in the creative workflow.

Drum Replacer! 

Solo the instrument in Ad2 “bounce to track”. Mute the instrument in Ad2 after the bounce.  

Select the .wav file, “create region effect” select Drum Replacer. 

Once the DR editor has opened. Click on the first “layers” sound title. Load your own sample. 

If you click the the drop down icon it’ll only show stock DR sounds. 

I use this mostly for snare and kick replacement/layering. There are other ways for Ad2 to export all instruments and buses to .wav, or be recorded that way? I’m not too sure, I never needed them all.