Korg Summer Sale - up to 50%

Frank

Here’s the discussion for KORG the last time the deal appeared:

The best deal is KORG Collection 3 - Upgrade for M1 Le for $149.00.  M1 Le is free with KORG hardware (keyboards, controller).

• Great Idea 1

34 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I wondered about these, but the bundle didn't seem to be VST3..

For me, all but TRITON Extreme show up as VST3 in Studio One running in native mode.  Under Rosetta, all of them are available as VST3.

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ALC said:

For me, all but TRITON Extreme show up as VST3 in Studio One running in native mode.  Under Rosetta, all of them are available as VST3.

Thanks 🙂

It's possible they just hadn't updated the page I was looking at. Although definitely can't assume VST3 support in this day and age it seems!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ALC said:

The best deal is KORG Collection 3 - Upgrade for M1 Le for $149.00.  M1 Le is free with KORG hardware (keyboards, controller).

That's what I did last year. It's the best way to go if you only have the M1 Le. :)

KORG did a very nice job with most of their emulations. This  collection is a nice complement to the Arturia V Collection. It's interesting that KORG endorsed the new MS-20 from Arturia!

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's what I did last year. It's the best way to go if you only have the M1 Le. :)

KORG did a very nice job with most of their emulations. This  collection is a nice complement to the Arturia V Collection. It's interesting that KORG endorsed the new MS-20 from Arturia!

So now they should make their own emulation at least as good. 

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

So now they should make their own emulation at least as good. 

I'm still on VC8, so haven't had a look at the Arturia MS-20 V yet.

What do you feel is lacking in KORG's emulation? I think it sounds pretty fine, especially the Richard Devine bank! Disclaimer: I've never played the hardware MS-20, so I'm not going there! :)

It is fine indeed. And even has double the polyphony compared to Arturia’s version, quite interesting for a monophonic synth ;)

But Arturia incorporated the sequencer with effects, and that’s pretty pretty good. 

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I'm still on VC8, so haven't had a look at the Arturia MS-20 V yet.

What do you feel is lacking in KORG's emulation? I think it sounds pretty fine, especially the Richard Devine bank! Disclaimer: I've never played the hardware MS-20, so I'm not going there! :)

I was playing with the Korg ms20 as an fx with guitar last week and was surprised to find you can overdrive the input on the filter. I'm impressed. On the other hand, I'm using the vst 3 version of the M1 in Live 11, but it doesn't remember it's settings.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rsinger said:

I'm using the vst 3 version of the M1 in Live 11, but it doesn't remember it's settings.

Indeed there was a bug introduced in latest VST3 version of M1 (2.3.2) and Wavestation (2.3.1). Don't know about the others from the bundle. Hopefully someone will report back here on the deals forum once they will fix it.

12 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Don't know about the others from the bundle.

After running a few updates yesterday, KORG Software Pass says I am current.

Just ran through all the VST3 plug-ins and the only ones ignoring saved settings in CbB are Wavestation and M1.

If anyone experiences the same problem in another DAW, please report it to KORG support.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, abacab said:
5 minutes ago, scook said:

If anyone experiences the same problem in another DAW, please report it to KORG support.

Or use the VST2.

Simply using the VST2 or rolling back to the previous VST3 does not help with fixing the problem.

Reporting it to support may.

Relying on VST2 is not a good long-term strategy.

• Like 1