Please help with some bulk actions. Thank you!

Misha

Hi folks.

Can somebody help me with two items....that is if these items are possible :)

1) Is it possible to select multiple tracks and change the bus in bulk.  For example if I have 10 tracks that I want to move output from Master to newly created bus?

2) If I have 20+ tracks and lets say 10 have automation lanes "on" (expanded) is it possible to hide automation lanes in bulk?

Thank you! Misha.

Thanks, interesting stuff!  

I think Ctrl will do most of things for me too.  Control groups seems like a powerful feature,  I am wondering if it will work for this scenario:

I usually run all instrumentals on one bus and vocals on the other.   Curious if  "Control groups" would allow for Freeze / Unfreeze  function on all tracks on the particular bus dynamically?   What I mean is, it seems it will work with select--->assign method. But will it actually capture newly added tracks? Maybe there is a better method to do this?

At times I experiment with various FX and things get very rough for CPU, so I am trying to build a template that  would allow to free up resources fast, without turning all FX off .  Seems that freezing all tracks for specific bus should do what I am looking for. 

Thank you in advance.

Sorry to bump this up.  I will try to re-phrase my last question. One of biggest limitations I face is when I use CPU hungry FX in Cakewalk.

As far as choices to reduce the impact of these FX  in my understanding is to :

1)Disable FX globally 

2)Freeze tracks

3)Archive tracks muted tracks.

4)Move "similar" tracks to a bus-shared FX.

Is there a way to disable / enable FX for particular bus that has tracks with individual FX chains (not shared by that bus) ?

I hope I am making sense. 

Thank you in advance,

Misha.

Skook thanks.... but

There are only two options for bypass FX on Bus that I see.

1) Bypass FX which is particular to global FX on that bus (It does not turn off racks for individual tracks on that bus)

2)Bypass similar, which is a totally different thing and disables those "similar" FX throughout whole project, regardless which bus they are on.

If I have 10 tracks with various FX chains  on these individual tracks  going to one bus, is it possible to turn off /on those FX in bulk for that particular bus without touching FX  settings  on other busses and without manually clicking on all individual tracks on that bus and disabling everything one by one?

Thanks.