Dim Pro revisited?

Pathfinder

So, sometimes Dim pro works and then the next day it doesn't? Same patch\preset btw. Checked outputs, meters are all showing input and output. Is it just tiome to ditch Dim Pro? 

Is there anything similar to it? I already have Kontakt, with a few liobraries but none that cover what Dim Pro does.

Thanks as always

Pathfinder

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

So, sometimes Dim pro works and then the next day it doesn't? Same patch\preset btw. Checked outputs, meters are all showing input and output. Is it just tiome to ditch Dim Pro? 

Is there anything similar to it?

Yes, there are many instruments out there that work one day and not the next.  ;^)

But, seriously, I am not aware of any particular issues with Dim Pro and would suggest you stick with it for the things it does well and troubleshoot the problem.  The most commons problems I run into with Dim Pro (and other instruments for that matter) are:

- No patch loaded.

- MIDI volume is zeroed.

- Playing outside an instrument's note range.

- Playing staccato notes on an instrument with a slow attack.

But if the Synth/Instrument track meter is showing output, it's probably not a synth problem.

• Like 1

I need to correct my post. The midi track with the info is showing levels but the level meters on dim pro synth are NOT. I have stuck with it since, oh, it was introduced way back when. 
AFAIK, Dim Pro doesn't need a midi channel specified.  I never have  before.

Oh well. Just do not understand why it stopped working. multisample Paths are correct in register. Not sure where MIDI INFO in would be zeroed in dim pro or anywhere else? Nothing on the midi tracks.All controllers have been removed.This is just not one patch\multisample. It is all of them.

Anyway thanks for the reply!

Usually when a Cakewalk sfz engine synth (DimPro, Rapture, Studio Instruments...) goes silent, the cause is unexpected MIDI data in the track.

The easiest fix is enable "Do not intercept NRPNs" in plug-in properties

3Oa2ztH.png

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, scook said:

Usually when a Cakewalk sfz engine synth (DimPro, Rapture, Studio Instruments...) goes silent, the cause is unexpected MIDI data in the track.

The easiest fix is enable "Do not intercept NRPNs" in plug-in properties

3Oa2ztH.png

This was the issue. Thanks Scook!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

Care to share an example project? Might be the easiest way to confirm whether the problem is in the project or your Dim Pro installation has broken.

Thanks for the offer. Scooks post did it. who knew? I sure didn't! 

13 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

This was the issue. Thanks Scook!!!!!!!

You are welcome.

This is a common problem with 3rd party MIDI clips and affects all the Cakewalk sfz engine synths. I made the SI-Bass image posted above around 6 years ago. Of course, the issue is a lot older than that.

The data that messes with the synths is often at the beginning of the track (but can be anywhere in the track) and may be viewed/removed in the Event List view. That said, the more expedient solution, as noted above, is setting up the synth to ignore the data. 

• Thanks 2