Automation , Keystrokes, Macros

I haven't used and keystroke type automation in Cakewalk.  I'd like to put together a few keystrokes I do over and over and would like to know the best way to accomplish it.  Basically I want to insert audio effect RX:Deplosive on a clip and bounce it right away, then apply sonitus compressor with a saved setting and bounce it right away.  Do you know how to do this?  Thank you for any feedback.

1 hour ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Basically I want to insert audio effect RX:Deplosive on a clip and bounce it right away, then apply sonitus compressor with a saved setting and bounce it right away. 

Unless you want to retain the interim results, this is no different than having both effects in the FX Rack at the same time and bouncing/freezing one time.

If I were to implement this in autohotkey, I would start by creating a template containing the plug-ins and use the script to replace the template for the track.

The script would require placing the cursor in the track before running the script and I might not bother scripting the bounce/freeze electing to click on the freeze button in the track after running the script. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scook said:

Unless you want to retain the interim results, this is no different than having both effects in the FX Rack at the same time and bouncing/freezing one time.

If I were to implement this in autohotkey, I would start by creating a template containing the plug-ins and use the script to replace the template for the track.

The script would require placing the cursor in the track before running the script and I might not bother scripting the bounce/freeze electing to click on the freeze button in the track after running the script. 

Thank you.  I'm assuming it will work for just partial clips?  I just want to process certain parts of a track.  

2 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Thank you.  I'm assuming it will work for just partial clips?  I just want to process certain parts of a track.  

No, track templates work at the track level.

FX Chains will not work on partial clips either as they reside in FX bins and operate at the track or clip level.

You will have to split the clips to process sections individually (some of this could be scripted), use plug-in automation or use Process Effect from the clip context menu after making a selection (this could benefit from scripting after making the selection).

• Like 1