Collapse All Tracks in Track View?

musikman1

Is there a shortcut to Collapse All Tracks at once in Track View?  I know you can Ctrl+A to highlight all tracks, then Ctrl and resize all tracks at once, but can all the tracks be collapsed (and/or opened) at once, regardless if each one is sized differently?   I haven't been able to find it in my searches.  I know it's been asked before though, so I have a feeling it cannot be done. 

The method you mentioned is one way to do it. Another is to use Auto Track Zoom. This will have all unselected tracks be at your desired size and the selected one be a different size. By resizing any of the unselected tracks, all the unselected tracks get resized. 

I know of no "collapse all tracks" command. Even if there was what size would they be? I guess cakewalk would have to determine some minimum size to make them.  You could always make this a feature request in the request subforum.

3 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Collapse all Tracks, then assign it to an unused screenset, then you can toggle between it and any other screenset

I haven't used the screensets function, I'll have to look it up, but that sounds like another good way to achieve this.  

17 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Shift+F will fit entire project to the window. If there are more tracks than will fit, they all collapse to minimum height.

Tried this, and it works as you said, as long as the screen availability is smaller than the number of tracks, they minimize all the way, regardless of whether they are each sized differently when opened, which is what I needed. After collapsing, I tried re-opening  a few and they retained their original size they were prior to collapsing.  Thank you.

It seems the console view has a "widen all strips" and "narrow all strips" option, wonder why they don't have one for the track view.  I guess the Shift + F is the closest thing.  Thanks again, much appreciated.

Edited by musikman1
  • Thanks 1