Orange Tree Samples 2022 Group Buy - Now At 60% OFF [ENDED]

Greg Schlaepfer

On 6/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, Bad Penguin said:

Thinking about Evolution Guitar Bundle, Evolution Electric Bundle and the Famous E. Maybe the Bluegrass Banjo.

Penguins are notoriously bad at math 😱; so trying to play around with the numbers to see how best to structure these purchases, with my existing 170 orange slices.

Does anyone know what the situation would be if I do purchase both the Guitar bundle and the Electric bundle? They each include Rubber Bridge.

So, I would possess two licenses for Rubber Bridge? Does OTS allow for licenses to be resold/transferred?

Or, because Rubber Bridge is being purchased in "bundles," will I not be allowed to sell Rubber Bridge individually?

22 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

Does anyone know what the situation would be if I do purchase both the Guitar bundle and the Electric bundle? They each include Rubber Bridge.

So, I would possess two licenses for Rubber Bridge? Does OTS allow for licenses to be resold/transferred?

Or, because Rubber Bridge is being purchased in "bundles," will I not be allowed to sell Rubber Bridge individually?

If you purchase the "Evolution Guitar Bundle" then you have all guitars (electric and acoustic). And from what I know, you would not get two licenses. Not sure why you would then need to get the electric separately.

I stand corrected by Greg's post 

The Evolution Acoustic Bundle contains Evolution Mandolin and Evolution Bluegrass Banjo, which aren't in the big guitar bundle, though, so if you want those libraries from that bundle, you could always get the Evolution Guitar Bundle first, and then in a second order upgrade to the Evolution Acoustic Bundle in order to add those other two libraries.

Edited by Barrie
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

The Evolution Guitar Bundle contains all the guitars in the Electric bundle, plus all the acoustic guitars as well. So there would be no need to buy both. The Evolution Acoustic Bundle contains Evolution Mandolin and Evolution Bluegrass Banjo, which aren't in the big guitar bundle, though, so if you want those libraries from that bundle, you could always get the Evolution Guitar Bundle first, and then in a second order upgrade to the Evolution Acoustic Bundle in order to add those other two libraries. We have a bundle upgrade system that will automatically adjust the price based on how many libraries in the bundle you already own, so you won't end up with duplicate copies of libraries.

If you do decide to sell a library, we have a license transfer system in your account on our website. For Kontakt Player instruments, you just have to get in touch with us to deactivate your serial number(s). That was the only part of the process we weren't able to automate. And then the other limitation is a library isn't eligible to transfer until you've owned it for at least a month. But if you have some sort of unique situation, let me know and we can work something out. Even if you bought the library/libraries as part of a bundle, they can still be transferred individually, and the benefit of using the transfer system is that the new owner receives the library in their account just as if they had purchased it directly from the website--so they'll receive product updates, be eligible for bundle upgrade discounts, etc.

• Like 12

We just passed 1250 participants, reaching the 55% off tier!

Another freebie was unlocked, too, which you can download from the group buy page in your account. The download link is toward the bottom of the page, next to the discount tier text.

Now about that freebie... One thing that's missing from most guitar sample libraries is the interaction that happens between the guitar and amp. With the amp cranked, the volume from the speakers causes the strings to sympathetically resonate, resulting in a feedback loop. That sound of feedback is one of the things that makes our Evolution Infinity electric guitar so fun to play, even though what you're hearing is the sound of the sustainer pickup and not really feedback from an amp.

For this freebie, I sampled an electric guitar through a Carvin Legacy amp (100 watts of tubes) while standing in front of a Marshall 4x12 cab. The isolated feedback samples were recorded from the guitar's direct output, so the Kontakt instrument is designed to be layered with another guitar sample library by setting both to the same MIDI channel. Then you can run the combined signal of both instruments through a guitar effects plugin for the final sound. Unfortunately you can't run one Kontakt instrument's audio output into another Kontakt instrument's effects chain, otherwise you could run it through the same built-in effects in the Evolution guitars... We'll probably integrate feedback like this directly into the Evolution guitars in the future, though.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 6

Well, I don't have any orange tree sample libraries. Could someone recommend a couple for someone just starting to use these? Most of my music is light pop, acoustic, and orchestral with pop blend.

Leaning toward the Evolution Steel for #1 pick

Edited by Max Arwood
added info

On 7/2/2022 at 10:59 AM, Max Arwood said:

Well, I don't have any orange tree sample libraries. Could someone recommend a couple for someone just starting to use these? Most of my music is light pop, acoustic, and orchestral with pop blend.

Leaning toward the Evolution Steel for #1 pick

@Max Arwood

DISCLOSURE: I've consulted to Orange Tree Samples and I'm friends with Greg, but I'm a super user of guitar sample libraries and have been since the 1980s -- probably before Greg was born! I am an Orange Tree Samples superfan. I also own a TON of other sample libraries from other developers and I've consulted to a few other guitar sample library developers, but stopped years ago. In my honest opinion, Orange Tree Samples innovated in this space and continue to produce the most realistic sounding and playable (basically the most meticulously sampled and ingeniously scripted)  guitar sample libraries on the market. Privately,  more than one other developer who makes guitar sample libraries has acknowledged this to me and a couple have told me that they reverse engineered Evolution libraries to make their competitive libraries.  

My own background, I was a semi-pro rock musician in the 80s-90s. Piano is my first instrument, but I played drums semi-professionally for two decades before having a repetitive stress injury that stopped me from playing professionally.  I only recently started recording music again as a hobbyist  -- largely covers and songs I wrote decades ago (like the one below) -- spanning rock, acoustic/folk rock, indie rock and instrumentals.  Here's what I tend to use as my go to instruments that I would recommend to you: 

Bass Guitar: Evolution Flatround or Roundwound Bass
Electric Guitar: Evolution Rock Standard -- but also check out Evolution Stratosphere if you prefer the tone of a Strat. I use that a lot too. 
Acoustic Guitar: Evolution Songwriter, Evolution Steel String
Electric Piano: Famous E

In the below recording, I used one of the Evolution acoustic guitars for rhythm guitar -- I think it was Evolution Relic, Songwriter or Steel Strings. I used Evolution Rock Standard and Evolution Stratosphere for the electric guitars. I believe that the bass is Evolution Roundwound Bass. The slide guitar is Orange Tree Samples' Acoustic Slide Guitar for the main guitar riff in the verse leading up to the chorus. I only used the presets that come with the libraries and didn't add additional guitar or bass amp or other effects.  I recorded this after 20+ years of not playing and with serious tendonitis, so I am by no means an impressive musician anymore, I'm sloppy as heck and I was never a lead singer, as you can easily tell, but I think the OTS instruments sound really good, even in my hands -- and I didn't do editing to my playing, it's all as I played it in real-time (again, I realize my playing is very pedestrian and reflects my 20+ years of not practicing and tendonitis, but I think the quality of the guitar sample libraries allowed me to achieve just what I wanted with no fooling around editing midi, which, with my tendonitis, isn't something I want to spend time doing). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

In the below recording, I think I used one of the Evolution acoustic guitars, Evolution Rock Standard and Evolution Stratosphere, I believe that the bass is Evolution Roundwound Bass and Acoustic Slide Guitar for the main guitar riff in the chorus. I recorded this after 20+ years of not playing and with serious tendonitis, so I am by no means an impressive musician anymore, I'm sloppy as heck, but I think the OTS instruments sound really good, even in my hands -- and I didn't do editing to the playing, it's all as I played it in real-time (again, I realize my playing is very pedestrian, but I think the quality of the guitar sample libraries allowed me to achieve just what I wanted with no fooling around editing midi, which, with my tendonitis, isn't something I want to spend time doing). 

Hello everyone -- my name is Steve... I have been lurking on this forum for at least a couple of years, but never posted.  

So I would like to use my first post to remark on what I think is the obvious fact that this song you just posted is AMAZING!  It doesn't sound sloppy to me; it sounds like a real band playing a real song.  It sounds organic.  I love it.  The guitar parts sound to me like real guitars.  I haven't decided whether to jump into this GB... even at 60% off, its a little pricey for what I like to spend on music toys.  But this is a great testament to the OTS libraries and has definitely increased the temptation factor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steve K said:

I haven't decided whether to jump into this GB... even at 60% off, its a little pricey for what I like to spend on music toys.

Don't forget the ability to complete some surveys for Orange Slices, which can discount even further the 40 cents on the dollar (60% discount) that you would be paying.

45 minutes ago, Steve K said:

Hello everyone -- my name is Steve... I have been lurking on this forum for at least a couple of years, but never posted.  

So I would like to use my first post to remark on what I think is the obvious fact that this song you just posted is AMAZING!  It doesn't sound sloppy to me; it sounds like a real band playing a real song.  It sounds organic.  I love it.  The guitar parts sound to me like real guitars.  I haven't decided whether to jump into this GB... even at 60% off, its a little pricey for what I like to spend on music toys.  But this is a great testament to the OTS libraries and has definitely increased the temptation factor.

Wow. You just made my day and my entire weekend. Thank you very much, @Steve K

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Here's what I tend to use as my go to instruments that I would recommend to you: 

Bass Guitar: Evolution Flatround or Roundwound Bass
Electric Guitar: Evolution Rock Standard -- but also check out Evolution Stratosphere if you prefer the tone of a Strat. I use that a lot too. 
Acoustic Guitar: Evolution Songwriter, Evolution Steel String
Electric Piano: Famous E

I jumped on 3 items from that list in the OT group buy last year (my first time with OT):

• Evolution Rock Standard
  • Evolution Songwriter
  • Famous E

No regrets! All versatile choices, and I think they sound great! A fine electric guitar, a fine acoustic guitar, and an absolutely stunning Rhodes E piano. Well done OT! :)

Although I haven't attempted anything with them yet as ambitious as what Pavlov just posted...

• Like 2