Too Much

Keith Wilby

Hi CbB peeps.

Here's my latest venture for your delectation 😄

Guide vocal a bit ropey here and there but comments on the arrangement welcomed. All of the sounds, apart from the drums which are Addictive Drums 2, are from my 90s vintage Yamaha SQ16.

https://www.bandlab.com/post/0d8627f2-6ff1-ec11-b656-2818789a16d5

Edited by Keith Wilby
  • Like 3

Very Nice ! I Love the chorus melody and you did a Very good job on the vocals. My mix suggestion would be to tame the vocal reverb a little (with more pre delay). It's a little hollow sounding.   I would also boost it up a little.  Enjoyed it .. 

Great job ..  mark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mark skinner said:

tame the vocal reverb a little (with more pre delay). It's a little hollow sounding.  

Thanks Mark. I'm compelled to agree with you on the vocal (mainly because my wife said the same thing 🤣) so I'm revisiting that now.

I used "Vocal Finalizer" on it, a plug-in that I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with, so it's time to try something else I think.

• Like 1

I agree with Mark. The vocal reverb needs some taming. Have you added a deesser to the vocals? 

I'm trying to put my finger on who this reminds me of. It's got an 80s vibe to it for sure.

Good job.

3 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I agree with Mark. The vocal reverb needs some taming. Have you added a deesser to the vocals? 

I'm trying to put my finger on who this reminds me of. It's got an 80s vibe to it for sure.

Good job.

Thanks Philip, I'm working on the vocal. No de-esser, I think it's my dodgy diction 🤣

The descending notes in the intro/chorus might remind you of Please Please Me possibly?

Very cool song.  I enjoyed it.   There was something about the kick that seemed off to me, though.  It's really busy (at some points it seems to be hitting on all four beats) and also very clicky.  The rest of the percussion seems buried compared to the kick.

Edited by jwnicholson78
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:22 AM, jwnicholson78 said:

There was something about the kick that seemed off to me, though.  It's really busy (at some points it seems to be hitting on all four beats) and also very clicky.  

I agree completely so I'll fix that. Thank you.