Waves Version 14 is Here!

cclarry

Run Waves Central to update!
Info here

What's New In V14

New: Mix and Trim knobs added to our most popular compressors

Get better dynamic control, fast, in API 2500, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, R-Comp & SSL G-Master Buss Compressor

New: Faster load times

Improved loading times for plugins, presets, and sessions in your DAW

New: Quick drag-and-drop preset workflow

Load presets faster with the new drag-and-drop workflow

New: HiDPI graphics for select plugins

Abbey Road TG Mastering, API Collection, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, F6, OVox and PuigTec EQs now with ultra-sharp HiDPI GUIs

New: Standalone application for the CR8 Creative Sampler

Shape, manipulate and play your samples without a DAW

New: Additional improvements

New presets, improvements & additional updates. See full list of updates.

https://www.waves.com/v14

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 4

The big list of changes:

June 21st, 2022

All Waves Plugins: Across-the-board software update to V14

Please note: StudioRack, Clarity Vx and Clarity Vx Pro currently remain V13. V14 coming soon.

New features & improvements in V14 plugins

New Mix and Trim knobs added to API 2500, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, Renaissance Compressor and SSL G-Master Buss Compressor.

Improved: Faster load times – All V14 plugins are now optimized to load faster when loading a session, individual plugins, or presets.

New: Quick drag-and-drop presets – Preset files can now be dragged-and-dropped into any V14 plugin for a faster workflow.

New: Selected plugins now have hi-res HiDPI graphic interfaces: Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain, API 2500, API 550, API 650, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, F6, OVox, PuigTec EQs.

New in the CR8 Creative Sampler:

CR8 is now available as a standalone application: Shape, manipulate and play your samples without the need for a DAW.

New “Snap to Zero Crossing” feature added to CR8.

New: Any plugins added to CLA MixHub’s Insert slot now open as regular ‘floating’ plugins.

Improved: Live text and text boxes look sharper, with improved readability on low-DPI screens.

Improved: Better CPU usage:

On M1 Macs: Abbey Road Studio 3, Abbey Road Vinyl, CLA MixHub, CLA Nx, J37 Tape, Nx Ocean Way Nashville, Nx Virtual Mix Room, Reel ADT.

On all Macs and PCs: H-Reverb.

Bug fixes in all Waves plugins 

Fixed: Bug causing some plugins not to update their latency after the sample rate is changed in VST hosts.

Fixed: Bug causing sample rate changes in Ableton V11 to disable plugin automation.

Fixed: Bug causing the Save option not to be triggered in Cubase, Logic, and Studio One when non-automatable controls are changed.

Fixed: Inconsistent Waveshell scan in Pyramix.

Fixed: Bug causing settings not to be recalled on all controls after sessions in Pyramix are recalled.

Fixed: Bug causing controls to lose their relative position when they are multi-selected and controlled in precision mode.

Fixed: Compressors reporting incorrect gain reduction to Studio One meters.

Fixed: Bug causing ‘Undo’ to prevent preset saving on some plugins, when loading a preset and then changing parameters.

Fixed in plugins with MIDI mapping: Bug causing files to be overwritten without warning when saving to a new file.

Fixed: Bug preventing preset modification and saving via the Preset Browser

Fixed in Waves standalone applications: Bug causing tempo to always load at 120 bpm without preserving changes.

Fixed: Port conflict between the Waves Local Server and the UAD Console application after UAD Luna is closed.

Bug fixes in individual plugins

Fixed in Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain running in Pro Tools: Occassional freezes when parameters are adjusted with the arrow keys.

Fixed in Abbey Road Vinyl:

Crashes no longer occur in Cubase/Nuendo when using direct offline processing.

Possible crashes no longer occur when sessions are recalled in WaveLab 10.

Fixed in Bass Fingers and Bass Slapper:

Bug causing MIDI mapping not to be saved.

Possible crashes after articulations are tweaked and plugin instance is removed.

Fixed in Berzerk: The plugin no longer makes loud pop sounds when the 'Character' settings are changed in Digital Performer.

Fixed in Brauer Motion: Bug causing Re-Trigger mode sensitivity to determine Input mode sensitivity.

Fixed in BSS DPR-402: Gain reduction meters in various DAWs have been corrected.

Fixed in CLA-76: Bug causing meter state not to be preserved when sessions are recalled.

Fixed in CLA Epic and CLA Echosphere:

“SlapDelay,” “SlapVSO” and “SlapTime” values are now linked.

FX Mute automation values are now in the right order (were previously reversed).

CLA Epic no longer makes clicking sounds when the plugin is engaged in Logic.

Fixed in CLA MixHub:

Bug causing knobs to stop reacting and become irresponsive to mouse clicks, when parameters are tweaked with a touchscreen in the Bucket view and the cursor moves outside of the module’s frame.
Bug causing the Gate to not open or close when only the Right channel is present.

Bug causing crashes when plugin parameters are controlled via MIDI Learn.

Bug preventing the arrow keys from controlling parameters when the mouse cursor moves outside the module.

Fixed in CLA Nx:

The Bluetooth Nx Head Tracker is now auto-selected.

Removing the plugin no longer closes the Waves Head Tracker, if other plugins are using it.

Fixed in Clavinet: Audition ability added for NKS.

Fixed in CR8 Creative Sampler:

Improved: Samples’ (96 kHz) minimum length now extended to 30 seconds.

Fixed: In Launch Mode, the play head no longer disappears before the sample ends.

Fixed: Bug causing several notes (instead of just one) to be played when playing between zones in Mono mode. Only one note is now being played.

Various fixes in controls and automation names.

More UI fixes, adjustments, and minor bug fixes.

Fixed in CODEX: Audition ability added for NKS.

Fixed in COSMOS Sample Finder:

New: Login mechanism implemented.

Fixed: Browsing samples no longer produces clicks in the Standalone application.

Fixed: All supported files are now detected by scanning (previously some supported flies weren’t detected).

Fixed: “Changes were detected” message no longer prompts in unexpected conditions.

Fixed: Window no longer opens partially outside the screen under certain conditions.

Fixed: Preview issues when auditioning multiple samples in the COSMOS and List views no longer occur.

Fixed: The Vertical axis is no longer flipped on the Saturation map.

Fixed: Various user guide updates and additions.

Various UI improvements and more minor bug fixes.

Fixed in dbx 160:

Crashes no longer occur in Cubase/Nuendo when using direct offline processing.

Possible crashes no longer occur when sessions are recalled in WaveLab 10.

Fixed in Electric Grand 80:

The Limiter is now working properly.

Audition ability added for NKS.

Fixed in Electric 200: Audition ability added for NKS.

Fixed in Element:Audition ability added for NKS.

Fixed in F6 Dynamic EQ:

HP filter now stays on (was previously turned off) when the HP band view is pressed.

Solo is now preserved when sessions are reloaded.

Clicking on the band selector below the graph now changes only the band view (previously, clicking the band selector also turned the band on and off).

Mac only: Text field in Banding selection now shows properly (previously appeared correupted).

Saving default presets from Setup B no longer results in corrupted EQ bands and filter graphics in the GUI.

Fixed in Grand Rhapsody Piano: Audition ability added for NKS.

Fixed in H-Delay:Tap Tempo no longer sets Delay Time to the largest value available.

Fixed in IR-series plugins: Load features in the preset menu have been re-enabled.

Fixed in L1: Input meter no longer reflect Output state in Cubase.

Fixed in Lofi Space:

Mix knob can no longer be modified when Lock is active.

Bug causing Time value to change after deactivation and reactivation in Pro Tools.

Fixed in Manny Marroquin Reverb: Bug causing Reverb Type not to take the effect untl the Time parameter is adjusted.

Fixed in MultiMod Rack: ISync values in odd time signatures have been corrected. This fix may slightly affect the sound of sessions created with previous versions.

NLS Non-LInear Summer:

Fixed: First preset now loads automatically when external preset files are loaded.

Fixed: Load features in the preset menu have been re-enabled.

Fixed in Waves Nx Virtual Mix Room:

Selecting 'Reset to Default' in the Preset Browser no longer changes tracking device.

The Waves Head Tracker app no longer crashes when the camera is turned off and on repeatedly via the Nx Virtual Mix Room plugin.

OVox:

Fixed (MIDI Out): Bug causing stuck notes when using the Note Mapper.

Fixed (MIDI Out): Bug causing stuck notes when playing legato with certain Note Mapper settings.

Fixed (MIDI Out): Note Off is no longer missing when using the Note Mapper.

Fixed: Bug causing triggered notes not to be displayed on the keyboard when the note source is Voice.

Fixed: Sync values in odd time signatures have been corrected. This fix may slightly affect the sound of sessions created with previous versions.

Fixed in PuigTec EQs: Bug causing knobs to feel sluggish.

Fixed in Reel ADT: Sync values in odd time signatures have been corrected. This fix may slightly affect the sound of sessions created with previous versions.

Fixed in Renaissance Channel and Renaissance DeEsser: Bug causing wrong latency report when 'Monitor' is On.

Fixed in Retro Fi:

Mix knob can no longer be modified when Lock is active.

Bug causing Time value to change after deactivation and reactivation in Pro Tools.

Bug causing Retro Fi’s Input parameter LED to be affected by the Device module.

Fixed in Scheps Omni Channel:

Bug causing modules not to respond to mouse clicks after tapping on LINK with touchscreen.

Bug causing the COMP module to lock when tapping SC filters with touchscreen.

Possible crashes upon quitting, after parameters are moved with MIDI Learn.

Bug causing the arrow keys to stop controlling parameters when the mouse cursor moves outside a module.

Fixed in TRACT: Bug causing saved references not to load correctly in other instances of the plugin.

Fixed in Vocal Bender:

Sync values in odd time signatures have been corrected. This fix may slightly affect the sound of sessions created with previous versions.

Bug causing Expand/Collapse not to work with Touch.

Bug causing Pro Tools to freeze when moving knobs in Audiosuite Preview.

Fixed in Waves Tune, Waves Tune LT and Waves Tune Real Time: Load features in the preset menu have been re-enabled.

Fixed in WLM Plus: Meter readings are now available and constant after Audiosuite render.

SoundGrid bug fixes in specific plugins:

Fixed in Abbey Road Reverb Plates, F6 Dynamic EQ and PSE: Bug causing parameters to move independtly when some multi-touch actions are performed.

Fixed: SuperRack no longer freeze when saving snapshots with GTR plugins.

Fixed: SoundGrid Slot Meters for the following plug-ins: LoAir, OneKnob Driver, OneKnob Louder, REDD 17 and REDD 37.

Fixed: Bug causing Q-Clone to continue processing when bypassed, after saved sessions are loaded.

Fixed: Bug preventing new "Default Presets" to be saved in plugins with PA Default

• Thanks 3

WUP required!!! Nope!!!

Those bug fixes should be free. I apparently bought defective plugins...

I understand if they want to charge for new features & improvements, etc. But charging for bug fixes, yikes!!! 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Like 6
  • Great Idea 1

BONUS COUPON: Up to $20 off your next purchase(minimum purchase $50) when you renew your Waves Update Plan | See terms & conditions.

And WUP is on 25% off sale right now. Use the coupon to get whatever's not included in Mercury (or whatever bundle you have).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

WUP required!!! Nope!!!

Those bug fixes should be free. I apparently bought defective plugins...

I understand if they want to charge for new features & improvements, etc. But charging for bug fixes, yikes!!! 🙄

Don't forget to check any Waves plugins that you acquired in the past year!

They are still covered by the 1 year WUP plan that was included with new plugins, so you can activate v14 for them! I found 9 plugins/bundles that were eligible, including the new Waves Cosmos and CR8 sampler!

I also upgraded to the Inspire Virtual Instruments bundle in the past year, so all of my Waves instruments are still covered! :)

You will need to log in to your account on the Waves website and look under "My Products", then select upgrade to latest version for each one that you want to upgrade.

Your selected v14 licenses will appear in Waves Central, and you will need to download and activate the new plugins from there.

Edited by abacab

I never WUPed anything.  But when a new plugin is added to a collection or when a new collection is launched including some plugins I already have usually there's an upgrade option for a good price.  For example, I have the Abbey Road collection and when a new plugin is added the price for the upgrade is usually equal or less than the price for the new plugin.

When that's the case I upgrade and, as a bonus, have all plugins in the collection WUPed.

So... check your upgrade options on the Waves page from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I bought a bunch of Waves plugins during a sale last year - before I understood their update policy. I logged in to my Waves account today and saw it would cost me $141.28 to use them with v14. This price includes the 25% discount. I see absolutely no incentive to do this and I certainly don't see myself purchasing any more Waves products in the future.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Olong Johnson said:

I bought a bunch of Waves plugins during a sale last year - before I understood their update policy. I logged in to my Waves account today and saw it would cost me $141.28 to use them with v14. This price includes the 25% discount. I see absolutely no incentive to do this and I certainly don't see myself purchasing any more Waves products in the future.

If any of the plugins you bought last year are still within the initial 12 month coverage window, you can upgrade them to v14 for free. You would only need to WUP any that have expired in order to upgrade them.

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

WUP should be 100% off.

Honestly, I think that WUP makes a bit of sense, but should be very cheap... What about $29?

But bugfixes should be free. and  V13 was less than a year ago (october last year).

Edited by Walter Cruz
too much 'really' in my text
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1