Melda MTurboAmp

cclarry

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

There is also a new 40gb Grand and a Drum machine for Soundfactory. 

That piano better sound fricken awesome for 40gb.....   In fact, for that amount, I would want it to bring me breakfast in bed........

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Promidi said:

That piano better sound fricken awesome for 40gb.....   In fact, for that amount, I would want it to bring me breakfast in bed........

I'm not a piano expert but it is the best sounding piano vst I've owned.  The size is related to the number of mic pairs you can use (and blend).  

It has been a demo for a few months.  

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm not a piano expert but it is the best sounding piano vst I've owned. 

Having played around with the Meldway Piano a bit yesterday and today (and to a lesser extent Dream Machines) I have moved the purchase of a larger SSD up on my list of priorities to be able to use them.  (Until then, I might offload a bunch of GBs from another company's sample playing synth to my external HDD.)

BTW, on my PC MSF works well within Tone2's nanohost.  

Edited by User 905133
to remove an errant .
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, filo said:

Hmm. I'll save my $20 for something else. Not impressed at all.

I'd suggest trying it out.

With all due respect to the video creator....yes it is nice to get a video out quickly to gain views but setting all the amps to have the knobs all at "12 o'clock" isn't exactly going to showcase how an amp should sound or respond.  

Just finding 2 amps in there and really tweaking them to actually sound good would have been far more valuable to the "community" interested in buying the thing.  IMO.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, HIBI said:

MTurboAmp does not have any cabinets?
MCabinet absolutely requred? or needs something like that?

You need an IR loader like MCabinet.  There are many free alternatives.  I use one built into my DAW (Studio One Pro).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HIBI said:

MTurboAmp does not have any cabinets?
MCabinet absolutely requred? or needs something like that?

Correct no cabs included.  Yes you will want something if you want it to sound good, but technically it works without one but you would have to be pretty skilled to get something usable.

Id grab this for free. https://lancasteraudio.com/shop/plugins/pulse/

It come with at least one cab and can also load others.

You can grab more free IRs to load in it.

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2010/10/01/free-sample-shootout-6-best-free-guitar-cabinet-impulse-responses/

This will at least get you up and running.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

Thanks for your responses, @ALC and @Brian Walton

I have some IR Loaders but I prefer amp simulators with built-in cabinets (IR Loader) so this fact discouraged me from purchasing it...

MguitarArchitect is in development and might be more up your alley when released then.  It combines MTurboAmp, MCab and likley other modules into a singular interface.

While I like have amp sims with built in cab options, the reality is I'm going to be running at least a reverb in the chain too so the idea of having a one plugin for my amp rig just isn't based in my own reality so not a complete deal breaker.  I woiuld be helpful for setting up and recalling rigs though that is for sure.

• Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up picking up MTurboAmp.

I just discovered that Melda has MConvolutionEZ which is their IR loader.  Nice and simple since I'm just loading up IRs from OwnHammer.  I'll give it a run to see if it'll replace my other IR loaders.

Update: MConvolutionEZ is one of the few simple IR loaders that are M1 Native.  It wins out for now.

Edited by ALC

On 6/21/2022 at 8:17 AM, Brian Walton said:

I'm waiting on Direct from Melda to see if they will lift the exclusion on this from referal credits redemption.

I don't know how on earth a Meldamoonie such as myself missed this, but I'm going to snag it from somewhere.

When you say "exclusion from referral credits," do you mean that you're not able to use the credits that you've gotten from other people's purchases?

Shoot, great deal for first time Meldaproduction buyers if you can use a referral code (such as MELDA1923165 😉) to get 20% off, coupled with the 10€ credit for signing up for their newsletter. By my reckoning, that would put it down under $10.

For everyone else, I think buying it from a reseller is the best idea due to how Meldaproduction's upgrade credits work. They assume that you got the plug-in for 50% of list if you bought it from a reseller. In this case, you'd be credited for 50€ toward any bundle that includes MTurboAmp, such as the MCreativeFX bundle.

Edited by Starship Krupa

2 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I don't know how on earth a Meldamoonie such as myself missed this, but I'm going to snag it from somewhere.

When you say "exclusion from referral credits," do you mean that you're not able to use the credits that you've gotten from other people's purchases?

Shoot, great deal for first time Meldaproduction buyers if you can use a referral code (such as MELDA1923165 😉) to get 20% off, coupled with the 10€ credit for signing up for their newsletter. By my reckoning, that would put it down under $10.

I went ahead and bought it from another retailer (AudioDeluxe) as they were the cheapest for someone who already used a referral code in the past.

If you have referral credits in your account from other people using your code, they will not let you use it for MTurboAmp during this special intro price.   Personally I thought that was pretty lame and a poor way to support people that are out there spreading the good word about Melda in the first place and driving new business to them.  That said, the intro pricing was lower than I expected them to come into the market with, so didn't make a big stink about it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

didn't make a big stink about it

I cut them slack due to the smoking deals I've gotten on upgrades with my referral credits. Upgrades are IMO, the best bang for the referral credit when they do something like the 60% off everything or 50% off all bundles sales. The key is to let 'em ride until a big sale rolls around.

With my combination of eligible past purchases and referral credits, I leveraged up to the MMixingFX bundle last time out for a cash outlay of $30. At this point, though, with Cakewalk counting off 78 of their plug-ins, I'm past the point of much but a "collect 'em all" motivation for getting more of their products. 🙄

Having recently purchased MTurboAmp as well as Gig Performer 4 PA, I have to say that I'm impressed with the graphics on MTurboAmp, but not so much with GP4 (many visual elements being out of alignment).  I know doing any sort of visual design can be time consuming, so I appreciate things that are nice looking.

In terms of the visuals, I like AmpliTube and Nembrini amps that try to preserve the look of the original amps (for the most part).  MTurboAmp is below those, though it's still visually pleasant to look at.

For GP4 PA, they probably had a deadline of a month to publish the release, but the templates are lacking refinement (and the toolkit doesn't make it easy to keep everything aligned).  If only GP4 had the graphical toolkit that MTurboAmp has ...