Melda MTurboAmp

cclarry

29 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Why do I think this is going to be a "rabbit hole"?
I sold my AXE FX2 because I could spend endless hours tweaking all the parameters.

Oh, well...

Thanks Lars (I hope)

t

I like the Mturboamp for what it is (and think the intro price is about where it should be to get people interested in it - since you also need to have some cab sim /IR after it otherwise it sounds terrible).  

Related to the tweaking rabbit hole - for me in particular this thing isn't like the AxeFx becuase the tweaking it has isn't normal guitar player stuff and while it is interesting to tweak things under the hood - I don't feel like it actually encourages it.  If there were clear knobs and parimeters to the normal amp circuit and biasing stuff along with endless cab combos and mic lockers it would be different.  I tend to stick to the front end of this thing most of the time.  (I started demoing this thing what must have been at least a year ago)

image.thumb.png.839d1db486653fe761753f582f50e79a.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

think the intro price is about where it should be

Indeed! And thanks for reminding me this needs a Cab emulator.
For me that's the Celestion Speaker Shaper, works a treat (and removes all the top end fizzy).

At $17.80; a big 👍's here!

t

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

the tweaking it has isn't normal guitar player stuff

well unfortunately there's enough for a builder to dink with... 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/21/2022 at 10:36 AM, Technostica said:

I hadn’t realised that I have had this since May.

They probably added it to the latest version of the CreativeFX Bundle and I didn’t notice.

Handy for MXXX Core users also.

I missed that too.  They don't hit you over the head and say "hey, look what we added to the bundle!"

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cclarry said:

$17.49 at Audio Deluxe and .82 Deluxe Bucks
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/audio-plugins/melda-mturboamp

I can get this for $3.49....is it worth it?

Who saves up their Deluxe Bucks like that??  😲

I think your question was tongue in cheek, but just in case it wasn't, here's a couple of Chandler Guitar's MTurboAMp videos...

https://www.youtube.com/c/Chandlerguitar/search?query=mturboamp

• Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I guess $3.49 for a normally $120 amp sim isn't such a bad deal...and I already have the Celestion Speaker Shaper...so
there's that!  And it's new so can only get better (hopefully) LOL

No question it is worth that!  🤯

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Nah, audio deluxe is cheaper you just have to login and add it to your cart.  

Key phrase was "excluding coupon codes"...JRR, AD, etc...use coupons to bring the price down.
Thomann will be the cheapest without a code...once they get it posted.

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Key phrase was "excluding coupon codes"...JRR, AD, etc...use coupons to bring the price down.
Thomann will be the cheapest without a code...once they get it posted.

Yeah, I read that but I also think it is misleading since AD automatically applies it for you.

The website linked is simply skimming the listed website prices - which doesn't tell the whole picture.  

It might be different if you need to be in the know about what a code is.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mibby said:

Who saves up their Deluxe Bucks like that??  😲

I think your question was tongue in cheek, but just in case it wasn't, here's a couple of Chandler Guitar's MTurboAMp videos...

https://www.youtube.com/c/Chandlerguitar/search?query=mturboamp

Thanks for the shout out. I actually designed many of the amps and things in MTA. I hope people like them. Also MTA can be used for other things like overdrive pedals or just general saturation. 

I'm actually working on some new amps now, so there should be more coming soon. If there is anything you think it needs more of i. e. Clean amps, distortion pedals, etc let me know and I'll see what I can do. I hope everyone enjoys it. 

• Thanks 4