Does XLN ever have sales on kit libraries?

Christian Jones

50 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Thought I'd ask if they do this at certain times a year, since I've decided I need Real Machines but it's currently $78. Or is there no point in waiting? 

I don't know if they have predicable sales pattern, but I do believe they do go on sale.  I have got ADpaks for $53 dollars . . .    The forth is coming up - they may be doing a sale for the holiday.  Also, I believe the just had a sale for 30% off all ADpaks ($54.40) in the middle of May . . .

Syphus

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

Thought I'd ask if they do this at certain times a year, since I've decided I need Real Machines but it's currently $78. Or is there no point in waiting? 

I always wait for a sale. I've seen, I believe,  sales that are around 30-35% and as much as 50% off ADpacks on sales. 

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

All of the AD2 Adpaks I have purchased, I have done so when they have gone on sale.

So, in answer to your question, yes.

Wait for a sale.

Then if you want a really good deal, pick up an AD2 "Custom" pack at a reseller, that includes any 3 ADpaks (kits) + any 3 MIDIpaks (beats) + any 3 additional kit pieces (single drums). For some reason these bundles are not available to existing customers direct from XLN.

Example of JRRshop's AD2 Custom (not on sale, currently $178): https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio-addictive-drums-2-custom

I believe these can be had for 50% off on sale, so that's about $89 for the lot, which makes it less than $30 per ADpak.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Thanks everyone, I'll wait for a sale. I need some good 80s drums. I've got tons of drum sounds but I'm looking for something that's already well curated. 

If you want curated, go to Spitfire Audio. Every new product they release is presented as being curated…

13 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Thanks everyone, I'll wait for a sale. I need some good 80s drums. I've got tons of drum sounds but I'm looking for something that's already well curated. 

Right. And if you do pick up the "Custom" bundle you don't have to make all of your selections right away. You can always hang on to a few options for a "rainy day". :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Wait for a sale.

Then if you want a really good deal, pick up an AD2 "Custom" pack at a reseller, that includes any 3 ADpaks (kits) + any 3 MIDIpaks (beats) + any 3 additional kit pieces (single drums). For some reason these bundles are not available to existing customers direct from XLN.

Example of JRRshop's AD2 Custom (not on sale, currently $178): https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio-addictive-drums-2-custom

I believe these can be had for 50% off on sale, so that's about $89 for the lot, which makes it less than $30 per ADpak.

Do you prefer xln over toontrack? 

36 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Do you prefer xln over toontrack? 

I'm a relative newbie to Toontrack EZDrummer. I was happy with XLN AD2 that I've had for years, but acquired EZD only for the songwriting tools, not particularly for the sounds.

There are way more discussions about which are the best sounding drums, and that usually revolves around ToonTrack Superior Drummer and BFD. I've never used either of them. I'm happy with XLN, and they sound good to me, but then I'm not a drum freak. Just need them to add rhythm and not sound BAD, and not show up drunk! I've also got MODO Drum, but I bore quickly with tweaking the details.

I'd rather spend time tweaking my synths, LOL! :)

That probably wasn't too helpful, but I'm not really the guy to be asking that question...

Cheers!

• Like 1