Brainworx presets

I seem to be having trouble loading Plugin Alliance/Brainworx effect presets. They do not appear in the plugin dropdown window. I can navigate to them and load one, but the name does not appear in the window. Additionally, I cannot save my own presets; they all save as "no preset," without the name I'm trying to assign. 

Any solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Unlike some of the other devs selling products through PA, Brainworx VST3 presets must be loaded using the VST3 drop down to the right of the Cakewalk preset manager. Once loaded, it may be saved into the Cakewalk Preset Manager.

Brainworx started out writing plug-ins for UAD and like other UAD devs they relied on the preset manager supplied by UAD. Unlike other PA and UAD devs, Brainworx has elected not to write a preset manager for their native plug-ins. 

For more info about the Cakewalk Preset Manager see https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.28.html

Brainworx (and the related brands) install their presets to the locations laid out in the VST3 specification. Unfortunately they are one of the few manufacturers who do this, most others favoring their own preset managers. My preference is for using the DAW's native preset system, so it would be nice if Cakewalk could scan presets from those locations to use in its preset manager.

Studio One does this, and Cubase/Nuendo likely do as well.

Cakewalk does allow access to them via the VST3 menu in its plug-in window, but then it's up to the user to save them in the native preset manager. It doesn't take that long to get through 20 presets, although it is tedious. It can be automated with a scripting/macro program.

It used to be that the host would query a plug-in, which would then feed it its factory preset list to populate the host's preset system. That API seems to have fallen out of favor in the VST3 era, although it still works if the plug-in uses it.

20 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Brainworx (and the related brands) install their presets to the locations laid out in the VST3 specification. Unfortunately they are one of the few manufacturers who do this, most others favoring their own preset managers. My preference is for using the DAW's native preset system, so it would be nice if Cakewalk could scan presets from those locations to use in its preset manager.

Studio One does this, and Cubase/Nuendo likely do as well.

Reaper has a nice VST3 preset implementation built into their plugin window. It strikes me as something Cakewalk should have added to their native VST3 window, as the presets are already located in the path: "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\VST3 Presets\Plugin Alliance".

Here is an example showing them in the Reaper plugin window for bx_masterdesk.

Reaper-bx_masterdesk.png

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1