Cakewalk Arm64 Windows 11 on Mac M1

Hi Everyone, 

Been a Cakewalk user/owner since the mid 90's.  I've used Cakewalk on my Mac via Bootcamp and even Parallels with some success.  I recently moved over to a M1 Max MacBook Pro.  I have Parallels with ARM Windows 11 installed. 

I saw that the current version of Cakewalk is now ARM64 compatible.  When I try to install in Windows 11, the installer gives me an error stating that it will only install on an x64 machine.  It gives me this error in either the Bandlab assistant installer or the web installer.  Am I doing something wrong, or is the installer seeing it is an Apple Silicone machine and stopping the install process?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Skoo we updated the main app installer a couple of weeks ago. If you download the latest it should install fine on Windows 11 for ARM64.
Download the Cakewalk Installer from here

Is there a way I can install the instruments?  I am getting that same message when trying to install them. The actual Cakewalk install was successful, thank you.

15 hours ago, Skoo said:

Is there a way I can install the instruments?  I am getting that same message when trying to install them. The actual Cakewalk install was successful, thank you.

Can you post a screenshot when you're getting the error? If you're using our web installer, that should be giving you the correct Studio Instruments installer for ARM64 systems. Thanks!

On 7/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

Can you post a screenshot when you're getting the error? If you're using our web installer, that should be giving you the correct Studio Instruments installer for ARM64 systems. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.6658dc7cb825678d5347b229b747b287.png

• 1 year later...

Found Solution!

I finally opened Cakewalk by right clicking my mouse and clicking on “Run As Administrator”. Cakewalk then opened and finally it activated! I have since quit Sonar, shut down windows 11 ARM and restarted, and everything is back to normal. All Good Again!

I'm using Parallels 19 latest version with Windows 11 ARM, and latest Sonar by Bandlab application.

18 hours ago, Hotel California said:

Found Solution!

I finally opened Cakewalk by right clicking my mouse and clicking on “Run As Administrator”. Cakewalk then opened and finally it activated! I have since quit Sonar, shut down windows 11 ARM and restarted, and everything is back to normal. All Good Again!

I'm using Parallels 19 latest version with Windows 11 ARM, and latest Sonar by Bandlab application.

Hi,  How are you finding the performance on Parallels/Mac? Is it a realistic replacement for a native Windows PC? Thanks.

• 2 months later...