Any way to know what is the amount of latency added by the total sum of the plugins of a project in real time?

FJ Lamela

Hello,

In some DAWs, you can see at the bottom of the arranger window how much latency is being added by the plugins you are using in the project.

Is there any way to meet him on Cakewalk?

I think it would be very interesting to also have this option as in the other DAW.

Thanks.

• Great Idea 1

• FJ Lamela changed the title to Any way to know what is the amount of latency added by the total sum of the plugins of a project in real time?
16 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Yes and a way to see each plugins cpu/latency would be good. 

plug-in doctor could help but it does not open waves plug-in bundles. 

Studio One, tells you what amount of latency added by the plugins you have in the projects, i think to know this is very positive sometimes in some projects.

ProTools does, too. But that's because in the early days they made you manually calculate PDC with the less-expensive versions of their software. Back then it was one of the reasons we found SONAR more attractive than ProTools, because SONAR gave you a feature for free that PT charged extra for.

I think it's a great idea to add a dialog that lists those values, so that users can quickly see which plugins are adding the most latency. Obviously, those numbers are already there internally for calculating PDC. I'd go one step further and provide a report that can be saved as a text or XML file, listing every track and plugin used in the project.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

Very complex. But Cakewalk has already done the calculations and the data exists in there. It has to be recalculated every time a plugin is inserted or removed/unloaded. They just need to bring those numbers out to a dialog. I'll bet Noel could do it in half an hour. It's not like he has anything else on his plate :D.

• Like 2