Jumping cursor

LNovik@aol.com

Question

I’m again writing about my “jumping cursor.” I recently reviewed some old notes and deleted some files, which someone had rec’ed. That did not help. I DO know how to hit the Pause button on the upper right corner of my computer keyboard, but it seems I have to do this at least every 5 minutes on my retracted keyboard. Are there any other new suggestions of how to combat this problem?

Thanks.

LNovik

Dell, i7 8700 CPU 3.2 GHz

RAM: 16 GB  

Samsung SSD 860, EVO 500GB

Hard drive is ST2000DM001-1ER164. 

Windows 10 OS, and 64 bit OS

3 answers to this question

Thanks for asking for that confirmation. I must say that the only time I ever press the Pause key is when the timeline cursor is not moving smoothly (or "stuttering") from left to right. In that case, I then hit the Pause key and the timeline motion smooths out. I guess if I ever hit the Pause button when the timeline was moving smoothly, it might cause it to start jumping, but I wouldn't know for sure. My point is that my timeline cursor seems to stutter at least every few minutes when I am involved in a song project.

As I reread this, I will see if hitting my Pause button causes the stuttering. I say this because my keyboard on my NON-laptop computer is on a slider type of platform, so that when I'm not hitting any computer keyboard keys, I push it forward underneath my work surface. Perhaps that right upper Pause key is getting  pushed against something during this process, enough to cause the stuttering?

LNovik

I DID recheck my computer desktop setup. When I push the computer keyboard inward on the sliders that it sits on, some of the keys on this computer keyboard do graze against the top of the structure that it's being pushed into. However, it does NOT appear to be enough to cause any timeline stuttering to occur. In other words, if I see there is NO stuttering when I hit the Play button and I then push the  computer keyboard in all the way, hitting the tops of the keys and so being compressed slightly, it does NOT cause the timeline to start stuttering.

In other words, I do not think that this is the cause of my timeline cursor stutter, and I'd like to appeal to others for any fresh ideas.

Thanks.

LNovik