Brainworx bx_Oberhausen

hhal9000

The data in on channel 14.

5LugHSW.png

Multi-timbral synths use the channel assignments. Most other soft synths ignore channel assignments.

Unlike most synths, the bx_Oberhausen only plays on channel 1.

This is why I suggested forcing the channel in my original post and what you are doing by using the ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' option in the add track menu.

Your controller should have a way to set the channel.

3 minutes ago, scook said:

The data is on channel 14.

5LugHSW.png

Multi-timbral synths use the channel assignments. Most other soft synths ignore channel assignments.

Unlike most synths, the bx_Oberhausen only plays on channel 1.

This is why I suggested forcing the channel in my original post and what you are doing by using the ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' option in the add track menu.

Your controller should have a way to set the channel.

I see.will try that though If I'm reading the event list correctly its still on channel 14 with the ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' or does it force it to channel 1 after this and therefore that output is not captured by the read out list?

Oberhausen on Track  with instrument per output.jpg

Create two instrument tracks one using ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' and one as a ''Simple Instrument Track'' then compare the MIDI tabs on the two track inspectors paying attention to the drop down above immediately above "C" in the image below

Inspectors.3.4.png

You should see the one created using ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' is forcing the channel to bx_oberhausen channel 1 where the ''Simple Instrument Track'' is set to None (IOW, use the channel embedded in the MIDI notes, in this case 14).

After setting the channel drop down, it does not matter what channel is actually in the data, the channel assignment forces the data to the specified channel. Note: this does not actually change the data in the DAW. It makes the channel change when streaming the data.

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Create two instrument tracks one using ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' and one as a ''Simple Instrument Track'' then compare the MIDI tabs on the two track inspectors paying attention to the drop down above immediately above "C" in the image below

Inspectors.3.4.png

You should see the one created using ''Instrument Track per Output with stereo Outputs'' is forcing the channel to bx_oberhausen channel 1 where the ''Simple Instrument Track'' is set to None.

After setting the channel drop down, it does not matter what channel is actually in the data, the channel assignment forces the data to the specified channel. Note: this does not actually change the data in the DAW. It makes the channel change when streaming the data.

Yes.That makes sense and explains why the data in the list is the same(in this case on channel 14) whilst the channel that outputs the sound is being forced to bx_oberhausen channel 1.