Worst Father's Day Sales Ever

cclarry

I see an upcoming Fathers Day Sale in your future .

Don't be fooled by this one ! You have gotten much better deals before :P

depositphotos_7636862-stock-photo-fortun

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

One thing I honestly don't miss since moving to France is all of the holiday sales. Mother's Day. Memorial Day. Father's Day. Don't Give a Rat's Patootie Day. Sheesh.

Those sales prices are the vendors actual real prices. The MSRP prices are just there to make you think you're getting a deal during a sale.

Valentine's Day. Easter. July 4th. Labor Day Veteran's Day. Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year's. When there's a sale-a-month, that's not a sale.

It's almost as bad as the jewelry store in the lobby of the Outrigger Reef Hotel in Waikiki. His 50% Off sale sign was SO old and worn-looking, it was ridiculous. He wasn't even pretending. I stayed in that hotel 14 times over a 2 year period while managing a development and install project Motorola did for the island's water and wastewater system. That exact same sign never moved. I was talking to a guy around the pool and tried not to laugh in his face when he told me how happy he was that he'd snagged a piece of jewelry for 50% off for his wife, who was there on business and he was just tagging along. Sucker. You paid full price.

Props to the developer of Serum and Cthulhu for not getting caught up in all of that. Want Serum? Here's the price. It will always be this price. Is having a license to Serum worth this price to you? Yes? OK, cool. No? OK, cool, too.

Oh, and Waves $29 sales? An f'ing joke. They'll either get you on the WUP or you'll be forever stuck with the version you have. Wanna update to Waves v10? Waves v11? Waves v12? Waves v13? And now, Waves v14? WUP, WUP, WUP, WUP. F'em. I never bothered to install my many Waves v9 and v10 licenses on my new laptop/DAW. At some point, you just have to look in the mirror, take responsibility and write off a poor investment.

END OF RANT

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

I should add that we do have spot sales from time to time. I just went to the French site for Thomann to check the availability of the Focal Shape 65 monitors I want for my studio when I get into my new apartment in September. Surprise! They were on a special this week. 666 € each instead of over 900 €! Bought two. They'll stay in their boxes until I move. So, sales on something I want are possible here. But this was just blind luck, not a holiday.

• Like 1