Is there a way to show tracks with midi data or audio Only

Hi All,

I have a production template of about 240 tracks (multiple percs / synths / basses / orchestral etc..) So I created multiple filters in the piano roll view and also in the track manager & console view for each categories and blends of categories.

My question is, when it's time to mix the project I would like to know if there is a way (maybe a CAL or else) that would find only the tracks with data (midi or audio) so I would not have to create a filter by selecting myself one by one the tracks with data and it would also apply to the track manager of the console & track view.

Cheers All

Claude H

Yes. Use the Track Manager (preset shortcut key = H), or available from the [Track Pane/Tracks Menu/Track Manager]. 

UNCHECK those types that you DON'T want to see in the track pane or Console view, but you know that.

As for finding only tracks that contain audio or midi data, still use the same technique, but would require a little more work. There is no preset way to filter that I know of. If you use folders for sub-types of instruments, but don't use those instruments in the composition, that may be easier.
Otherwise, just delete the empty tracks after completion and before mixing. It won't have any effect on your opening template.

image.png.42b07c65856ba4118571b4e536bbfbdf.png

Edited by OutrageProductions

Tks Outrage Production, this is what I do but I was wandering if these is a way that Cakewalk would find and show the tracks with data only.

Let say that there is only data on tracks 10 / 105 /205 etc. and not necessarily on the same measures, so I don't have manually to find them and  check them one by one. I believe that some other DAWs have this feature.

image.thumb.png.8a51bec13557ad92361bb12a8a548ee4.png

Edited by OB-Lix Original Music
adding some images