Do posts get removed from here after some time?

Myriad Rocker

7 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Myriad Rocker I think their may be a page limit i.e. only 9 pages then they just sort of fall off.  Can you give me the title of the thread I can check and see if it is in the bin for you.

It had the words "Sun Lightning" in the title.  Something about mix feedback.  I searched all the pages for it and also used the search bar to look for it.  I also checked my posts on my profile.  Unless I'm crazy, it's MIA.

Well, I'm able to find your thread with a Google search but when clicking on the link it doesn't show up as expected. It is however possible to see the cached version here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:03W7KWJD9zoJ:https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php%3F/topic/3877-sun-lightning-mix-thoughts-and-feedback-please/+&cd=3&hl=sv&ct=clnk

Something must have happened, not sure what.

Edit: When reading through the cached thread it seems as if you initial links were targeting mediafire which required some kind of download. Maybe these links were considered containing malware by the forum software and removed because of that? Just my two cents.

Edited by Canopus
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Well, I'm able to find your thread with a Google search but when clicking on the link it doesn't show up as expected. It is however possible to see the cached version here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:03W7KWJD9zoJ:https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php%3F/topic/3877-sun-lightning-mix-thoughts-and-feedback-please/+&cd=3&hl=sv&ct=clnk

Something must have happened, not sure what.

Edit: When reading through the cached thread it seems as if you initial links were targeting mediafire which required some kind of download. Maybe these links were considered containing malware by the forum software and removed because of that? Just my two cents.

Thanks for digging in.  Yeah, I had replaced those media fire links a while back.  I changed them to soundcloud and most of the posts in the thread were comments about the soundcloud versions.

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Myriad Rocker As I can not PM you I have to tel you here, it does seem to have gone and why is not completely understood.  I suggest you re-post in a new post. 

I'm not sure what's up with the PM thing.  @Grem said the same thing to me, but I checked and couldn't figure out how to enable PM's in my profile.

4 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Myriad Rocker It is possible you have added me and Grem to you ignore user list????

Just checked that and I don't have anyone in my ignore list.  I can't actually even find an "inbox" for messages anywhere.  I only have "Profile" and "Account Settings".  Neither of which have a private messages link in them.

4 hours ago, Myriad Rocker said:

Just checked that and I don't have anyone in my ignore list.  I can't actually even find an "inbox" for messages anywhere.  I only have "Profile" and "Account Settings".  Neither of which have a private messages link in them.

You don't see a little envelope next to your user name and notifications?

37 minutes ago, Grem said:

This is what I see:

image.png.6170364ae1e4cd1d2dd94230c0138b81.png

Yeah, that's definitely quite a bit different from mine.  I've searched everywhere, though.  I can't find any sort of setting or messaging feature.  I even looked to see if I had something disabled on BandLab itself and not the forum.  No dice.

What browser are you using? There is no setting for this that I have been able to locate. I have looked. Send in a support request. I would think the admins would want to know if Wookiee hasn't already got them involved.