Split Clips - Can I set default to 'Split at Selection'?

Sven

I use Split Clips a lot to quickly edit clips, copy them, or whatever.  It defaults to Split At Time and I always change it to Split At Selection for each new Sonar session I start.  I've never needed to use it any other way.  Can I set Sonar to default to that setting?

image.png.13684f373d3a7f28df51effc18f3585f.png

2 hours ago, Sven said:

Can I set Sonar to default to that setting?

I don't believe so but here is the autohotkey code to perform this action

Click, ,Right
  Send, s
  WinWait, Split Clips
  Send, s{Space}{Enter}
  Return 

Add it to the default autohotkey script, binding it as desired.

I think the problem is that if you repeat the same steps to modify your DAW daily and have to do an extra step each time it can make you want to look for a short-cut to have 'your way' be the default.   Saves time with each session.

I'm curious why people would want the default choice on Split at Selection instead of what I always change it to.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Sven said:

Do most people like Split at Time for some reason I'm not aware of and is the way I always use it the exception?  

I certainly use Split at Time - if I need to split at selection, I'll use the split tool and just drag the selection while the split tool is active  (i.e. ALT + drag across the clip with the smart tool).

If I need to split over all tracks, I'll normally just create an arranger section then right click->split at boundaries.