CARS - GARY NUMAN COVER - Guitar Heavy Remix

PavlovsCat

I originally recorded this a year ago as my son was about to get his driving permit. I since decided to remix it, bringing up the electric guitars to make it more aggressive than my earlier mixes. I already anticipated people asking me to bring up my voice in the mix and I turned it up as loud as I can handle it! Any constructive criticism is welcomed. 

• Like 5

great job....the guitars sound fine but the mixed low synths sounded pretty awesome....wouldn't mine hearing the original mix with the guitars mixed lower and the synths brought up....vox was fine....enjoyed all of it 🎶🎵🎶🎵

On 6/21/2022 at 10:06 PM, Larry T. said:

great job....the guitars sound fine but the mixed low synths sounded pretty awesome....wouldn't mine hearing the original mix with the guitars mixed lower and the synths brought up....vox was fine....enjoyed all of it 🎶🎵🎶🎵

@Larry T. Thanks for the kind remarks, it's greatly appreciated. This is the mix with the synths mixed up front and guitars mixed lower. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Larry T. Thanks for the kind remarks, it's greatly appreciated. This is the mix with the synths mixed up front and guitars mixed lower. 

they're both good in their own ways....i prefer the synth-centric version 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great cover PC.

Just thinking - as the title is Guitar Heavy Remix, you could try EQ-ing the bass slightly at 150Hz; if you push it up a little you should get some deep bass to go with the heavy/aggressive aesthetic. The downside is that you'll 'lose' some thud from the kicks, but you can try some subtle sidechaining/ducking.

Sounds good as is though!

• Thanks 1