Suggestion: Modernize look of context menus and options

EduCampi

Hello all,

We currently have Themes, which make the application look modern, but every time I open a context menu or go to the options It feels like I'm back in Windows XP.

Would it be possible to adapt those windows to follow the application Theme?

Thanks!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, sjoens said:

Are they updating those already in play or just new ones as they come out? 🤔 

Facelifts here and there, by my observation.

The add FX/replace synth flyouts were "already in play," so I'd say both. Also, there was already an export dialog, just way less capable (and yooglier) than the current one.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:00 PM, Edu said:

. . .  every time I open a context menu or go to the options It feels like I'm back in Windows XP.

Is your objection that they are text-based with sub-menus that open up instead icon-based?

Edited by User 905133
to fix a typo (you --> your)

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2022 at 1:34 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Great idea, already in process. The devs are going through the program and updating the look and function of context menus. The menu to add FX is an example of the newer menu look. The new Export dialog is an example of the new look for dialog boxes.

Glad to hear there's work on it already.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:18 AM, User 905133 said:

Is your objection that they are text-based with sub-menus that open up instead icon-based?

Not really. I'm ok with text only, is just the way it looks.

If you open a context menu or options in a modern program they follow the same theme (colors, fonts, window decorations) as in the rest of the app,  instead of having that "default windows xp theme"

On 6/20/2022 at 6:05 AM, Suboculis said:

Also when minimizing a project, the window border looks like it's from Windows Vista.

I believe this is a Windows/Microsoft bug in the MDI windowing implementation. Some dev somewhere told way back this would be taken a look at (remember seeing a response in some forum), but apparently has not been. There might not be a lot the Bakers can do about it - or it's not worth the work that it would require.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:45 AM, petemus said:

There might not be a lot the Bakers can do about it - or it's not worth the work that it would require.

I suspect that with Cakewalk the formers is seldom true, but the latter, often. I rarely run with multiple projects, and when I do, it doesn't exactly ruin the experience for me to see the old Aero look. I liked the Aero look, I like rounded corners.

But I do understand that it contributes to the impression that there are many areas of Cakewalk that continue to party like it's 1999.

21 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I suspect that with Cakewalk the formers is seldom true, but the latter, often. I rarely run with multiple projects, and when I do, it doesn't exactly ruin the experience for me to see the old Aero look. I liked the Aero look, I like rounded corners.

But I do understand that it contributes to the impression that there are many areas of Cakewalk that continue to party like it's 1999.

just FYI, here's the discussion I mentioned on GitHub:

https://github.com/dotnet/winforms/issues/3691

image.png.5491bb31aec5931bffbddeff9b5bb34d.png