Storm Damage

bayoubill

Sorry to hear that. I know you'll get er back on. 

We moved our electric service last year to make room for a small addition out back. It's an underground line that the electric company was going to go halfway up my yard and cut the cable going out back to add a new cable going to the side of the house instead. My end of the deal was to dig the hole and install a new service, which I did, by hand to within a few inches of the feed. I hired a guy with a digger to dig the hole larger and make a trench. He had a bucket with 4" teeth on it.

I'm standing by him saying pretty loud you're getting CLOSE to the service line. He nodded he understood and proceeded to hit the line. He had somehow misjudged his distance. POW!!! Half of my lights still worked because he only snagged one side of the feed. All ended well for me though. The short blew an opening in the line under the street. This made replacement mandatory all the way back to the underground transformer. The electric company replaced the whole line without digging using one of those moles that tunnels under things. Still billed me though. I was happy that the line wasn't spliced which was their original plan.

No worries bayoubill you should get a new transformer unless it only popped the fuse. That's an easy fix for them.

14 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Storm just came and blew a tree down breaking the internet line to the house. Then a lightning strike took out our transformer so it may be awhile before I can visit. Have a great time and I’ll be back when all is restored 

Go down to the Starbucks or McDonald's and use their internet 😛

7 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Shocking.

... I'll get me coat 🙄

I actually had this typed into the reply box, got distracted and forgot to hit submit.  Then, when I came back, Strummy had taken the bait first!  Good job Steve! 

Yay-golfclap.gif

2 hours ago, bayoubill said:

I’m going to try and find a good generator. This is getting ridiculous. Third time this year and it’s only June.

Is the writing on the wall for future events? 

Well, look at the bright side Bill!  At least you can have legal weed where you live.

Oh... wait... 🤔

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Well, look at the bright side Bill!  At least you can have legal weed where you live.

Oh... wait... 🤔

Wouldn’t ya know if. Power people are here and it turns out that tree took out the power and tv cable. May be Saturday before it’s on