Heavyocity DAMAGE DRUM KIT

TheSteven

I'm very disappointed in this release. The entire library sounds like it's compressed into a tin can. Virtually none of the sources have any body to them, meaning it takes A LOT of work to pull out some power that isn't just relying on the transient. I have to go through multiple transient shapers just to get a percussive envelope where anything but the attack is heard in the mix. First week I used it I was regularly mixing in other drum libraries (especially kick and toms) to actually give it the characteristics it's advertised as having. The kicks are especially horrible. This is the problem with some of these libraries - that tight tone (especially for metal or hybrid) should be achieved through the various tools available in the plugin, not the starting point of the source material.

Keepforest seems to be one of the few companies who understand how to produce power that has both strong transients and decay / body - especially in a modern context. Where the source material is so strong you have infinite options to take the sounds wherever you need it to go.

Anyway - I'm sure some people love it. But it was a complete waste of money for me.

• Like 1