PA - Any Plugin for 30.99

Frank

7 hours ago, antler said:

The most discounted I've seen dearVR PRO go for previously was $99, and that only happened once that I can remember. Also, the previous $29 vouchers always excluded the dearVR range; they (i.e. the $30 vouchers) work now though!

I bought this on February 28, 2020 for $30. This was the lowest amount ever.
I also bought the Shadow Hills Mastering Comp Class A for $30 that day.

20220619_100951.jpg

Edited by Onovoid
  • Like 2

dearVR MUSIC is definitely binaural, not just stereo.   I composed and mixed these two pieces with it:

But you can output stereo and make use of the excellent reverb settings. 

This article discusses the differences.  But it helps to watch a video on PRO.     PRO has 46 room presets, MUSIC has musch less.  You can actually draw in the shape and size of the rooms for your own presets.  Among other things there is an occlusion control that allows you to adjust the sound of an object as if it's blocked by another virtual object--a cool feature for mixing.

https://everythingrecording.com/plugin-alliance-and-dear-reality-dearvr-music-and-pro/

I am thinking about doing a video at some point about binaural mixing.  That's reason enough to get the pro version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, antler said:

The most discounted I've seen dearVR PRO go for previously was $99, and that only happened once that I can remember. Also, the previous $29 vouchers always excluded the dearVR range; they (i.e. the $30 vouchers) work now though!

Using a combination of 2 vouchers, in 2020 I paid $50 for dearVR Pro and Lindel Audio 254E

• Like 1

I have stated before that this game of cats and mouse that PA is doing harms their business since their introdution of Any for 30.95

Why not just put all prices to that and call it a day is beyond my understanding... perhaps to trick you somehow on spending more and perhaps on what you actually don't need... cheeky business and not so honest imo

There's no other point in it and vouchers Personal (right!) Codes are becoming a bait... especially for the novice - nothing else at least in my opinion

Bigger facilities and richer individuals have their monthly subscriptions anyways... others calculate their digital dust investments... carefully and are not stupid

• Like 2

Hmm, all this talk about dearVR Pro got me interested. Is it compatible with stereo by default or do you have to plan/design for that (in case it's heard thru speakers, not headphones)?

Is it compatible with mono by default, or do you have to plan/design for that (like you do now with a stereo mix, in case it's heard thru a mono system)?

1 hour ago, ZokZTM said:

I have stated before that this game of cats and mouse that PA is doing harms their business since their introdution of Any for 30.95

Why not just put all prices to that and call it a day is beyond my understanding... perhaps to trick you somehow on spending more and perhaps on what you actually don't need... cheeky business and not so honest imo

There's a slight difference though - with the Forever 29 sub, you only get one voucher a month: let's say someone wanted 10 plugins; that'd be 10 months that they would subscribe for which lines up with PA's goal of having a (somewhat) steady income stream rather than getting income spikes here and there. I say somewhat because it's possible to cancel at any time.

1 hour ago, ZokZTM said:

There's no other point in it and vouchers Personal (right!) Codes are becoming a bait... especially for the novice - nothing else at least in my opinion

I think the vouchers above $25 are still unique.

30 minutes ago, antler said:

There's a slight difference though - with the Forever 29 sub, you only get one voucher a month: let's say someone wanted 10 plugins; that'd be 10 months that they would subscribe for which lines up with PA's goal of having a (somewhat) steady income stream rather than getting income spikes here and there. I say somewhat because it's possible to cancel at any time.

You can get 10 Forever29 simultaneous subs in a  month and cancel if you want, no need to wait

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, antler said:

Well that would depend does that person want to buy 10 plugins like any 10 plugins or plugins they need, and at what price- good deals currently on offer or something they really want?? It is designed to rip you off of your money for the stuff that you don't really need. So should every business then use the Adobe's subscription model... I left Adobe asap as did many, many people... heck I can't ever use my favourite program of all - After effects - but one finds alternatives. Every business should account for spikes... you release great product and give good support by releasing needed updates and fixes on time - you deserve income, you get lazy and careless - you don't... Simple.
Out and over with it 🙂

15 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Well that would depend does that person want to buy 10 plugins like any 10 plugins or plugins they need, and at what price- good deals currently on offer or something they really want?? It is designed to rip you off of your money for the stuff that you don't really need. So should every business then use the Adobe's subscription model... I left Adobe asap as did many, many people... heck I can't ever use my favourite program of all - After effects - but one finds alternatives. Every business should account for spikes... you release great product and give good support by releasing needed updates and fixes on time - you deserve income, you get lazy and careless - you don't... Simple.
Out and over with it 🙂

Fair point.

And no - I don't think every business should adopt Adobe's model; the moment CorelDRAW went sub-only, I picked up Affinity Designer.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I’m weak.. I gave in. I just had to grab the Amek TMT console… oh well lol. 

Me too. I must say, I'm pretty impressed with it.  I had raw tracks from a mix I haven't started yet and threw the  AMEK on all the tracks. It sounds great! I love the limiter in the Dynamics section. I don't know if it was on the actual console but man, does it help on drum and bass tracks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

Bigger facilities and richer individuals have their monthly subscriptions anyways... others calculate their digital dust investments... carefully and are not stupid

Because many of us are only interested in the top tier plugins at $31.  The vast majority of them we wouldn't buy at that level.

Sales plus vouchers (timed properly) can still put us at below $31 as the right combo comes along.  I've also said it before, I think once this "Soundwide Intro" bundle offer passes we will either see the voucher min change or the PA store is going to get more Izotope/NI products added.  

As we have seen all month long, they continue to run sales on individual plugins at the $20-30 level (i.e. below $31).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antler said:

Fair point.

And no - I don't think every business should adopt Adobe's model; the moment CorelDRAW went sub-only, I picked up Affinity Designer.

Hahaha I use Affinity photo instead of Photoshop... still find it a bit inconsistent, but does the job :-)... Apple Motion instead of After Effects, didn't really work but Resolve and it's Fusion are getting better and better to the point that is really good enough 🙂

The point is they are loosing the money and all those thousands of Euros I put into Adobe stuff prior to their subscription is now totally useless, even I run the subscription for 6 years... Digital dust is a serious syndrome 🙂

Edited by ZokZTM
  • Like 1