The "Missing Plug-ins" warning lacks critical details

TheSteven

The "Missing Plug-ins" warning lacks critical details.

Please take a look at the list below and tell which missing plug-ins are 32bit VST2, 64bit VST2, VST3, or DX versions?
Indeed the Blue Cat Triple EQ mentioned in the image could be any of the above.

image.png.e69a6eb12643d4b3c90ec3d308157f43.png

I'm in the process of setting up a new computer and this warning keeps biting me with every old project I try to open up.
It would be of immense help if the plugin type was identified.  Even more so (but maybe not possible) if the plugin's location or any other info (version, file date, etc.) could be identified.
Maybe with Simple/Verbose toggle button - simple showing current info/verbose showing a more detailed view.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

This seems like something that could go in a log file. Even when I'm not in doubt about the type/bitness of the missing plug-ins, it would be nice to have a list in text form for when I go looking for them. Complete with technology/bitness, expected location, whatever info Cakewalk can supply.

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but from what I remember there is no plug-in file names (nor other info about it) in Cakewalk projects. But plug-in type is known.

Try to open in REAPER+ReaCWP. I can't remember what and how I mark, but REAPER tend to display plug-in types as a part of the name. So with some luck you can get a tip 😏

I remember there was something called ProjectScope for Sonar. I have not used it, may be it can also display something.