Rush in theaters on Aug. 21st

John Maar

15 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Rad! Kinda wish it wasn't on a Wednesday but I live a block from a theater so I'll probably catch it alone real quick as no one I know really likes Rush. I need some Rush friends. 

Buy your ticket now! They won't last long.

I first saw Rush during the Christmas/New Year's holiday in 1974 at a club in Scumburg (OK, Schaumburg), Illinois called B'ginnings. Neil had just joined and they were touring Fly By Night.

I'd spent most of the previous 2 years in and out of (mostly in) Army and VA hospitals, and was getting back to 'normal'. Music was changing. I'd heard Working Man on the radio and decided to make the drive from Madison, WI to the Chicago area to see them.

Been a fan ever since! I think I've spent more money on Rush than I have on any other band...and I own THOUSANDS  of CDs and seen hundreds of shows.

My fav seat for Rush? At an arena? About 12 rows back, right in front of Geddy! At B'ginnings? I stood right in front of him the whole show!

My fav seat in general? Dead center, right in front of the sound board!

EDIT: You would be correct to make the educated guess that I play bass!

Edited by John Maar

23 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Just looked at the Glasgow showing... it's sold out :(

Go in just before it starts and say that you dropped 50p on the pavement on your way in and you can't find it - plenty of seats free in no time! ;)

• Haha 1