IK Amplitube 5 Updated to 5.4.1

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @Peter - IK Multimedia, can I make a feature request, if I got you here?

It would be the possibility of having multiple parallel FX lines in all the stages (pre amp, fx loop, post cab, etc.), without the multiple/additional amp-cab rigs? It seems like a needless load on the CPU, and makes it a little more complicated to setup. Maybe with an overall volume for each section (all the lines in that section), to ease up the gain adjustment into the next stage.

Ok, two feature requests - I tend to do that: add a Coles 4038 to the mic choices. at some point - I love that microphone. I know it's an entirely different ball game, but I'm just throwing it out there for consideration - maybe at least on the new cabs, for starters. And an SM58 - I know not many people use it, but The Edge does, so... I don't know what that's worth. Some great tones to have.

Maybe a The Edge artist gear pack? OK, that's three, but I'll stop here. Thanks!

PS: do you know what the Vintage 20 mic emulates? I'm curious, it's a favorite of mine.

4 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

AKG D20 i'm pretty sure.

si. its all true..

Vintage Dynamic 20

Based on AKG® D20™

A vintage dynamic large diaphragm microphone that used to be the standard mic for bass amps and kick drums during the '60s. It's warm and present, and has a smooth roll-off at high frequencies.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/#thegear

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 6:56 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

Running the standalone mode with the default preset yields these results in my task manager:

v5.0.3: 3.3%

v5.4.0: 5%

v5.4.1: 3.5%

But if you switch to double routing and back to single:

v5.4.1: 2.2% !!!!!

Now, that would make a difference for older PCs for sure.

The standalone loads in less than 3 secs on my Threadripper 5800X machine (16 GB RAM, NVme drives).

I've tried to replicate your experiment, and the results are as follows:

Default preset, idle:

1.1-1.7%

After switching to the parallel double routing, and back to single:

0.4-1.1%

But after switching to the "forked" double route, and back to single:

0.2-0.7%.

Massive difference. Why is that?

From what I've noticed, the first switch you do sets the CPU load range, if you try different ones afterwards, when you go back single the CPU use will stay at the same values as after the first switch.

I swear the behavior of these digital recreations, with mathematical precision, 1s and 0s, is just as finicky and unpredictable as on the real thing.

The same thing happens when you do the switch in a VST instance, in a project. CW's CPU use decreases by 0.5-0.6% for one instance of Amplitube.

I wonder if you have to do the switch with every amp instance in your projects, after every open (or maybe just doing it one will suffice?).

Could it be made so that it goes straight to the post switch-reswitch load, from the get go?

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 2