IK Amplitube 5 Updated to 5.4.1

cclarry

- Added sorting options and "Media included" filter for ToneNET

- Fixed potential loss of "Favorite" settings in preset database

- Fixed a crash with tag clear after folder change in presets browser

- Minor bug fixes and general reliability improvements <-- new demo for new AT stuff? 🙂

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The Favorites is a good one if you've experienced that, this should fix it.  And no, there is no new gear in this one :)

Tonenet is lots of fun. I  uploaded a few of my presents for the obscure stuff I do. Lots of good feedback.

• Like 1

Good news and bad news:

Good news:

I have done some tests and, on my configuration, I can see a substantial reduction of the CPU usage! Yeah!!!

Bad news:

Changing the routing from the double and back to single still reduces the CPU as previously, so this bug is still there.

Conclusion:

If IK would fix this bug, Amplitube would be an even more killer product as far as CPU usage versus quality! But at least there is some gain with this release.

Numbers:

Running the standalone mode with the default preset yields these results in my task manager:

v5.0.3: 3.3%

v5.4.0: 5%

v5.4.1: 3.5%

But if you switch to double routing and back to single:

v5.4.1: 2.2% !!!!!

Now, that would make a difference for older PCs for sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, lawajava said:

Peter - has anyone asked if Amplitube could have a preset feature to display only presets for your owned products?  (Filter out the presets where you don’t have some add-on used within the preset)?

AmpliTube has the button above the gear selection on the right side for this.  Unless you are talking about ToneNET?

5 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Good news and bad news:

Good news:

I have done some tests and, on my configuration, I can see a substantial reduction of the CPU usage! Yeah!!!

Bad news:

Changing the routing from the double and back to single still reduces the CPU as previously, so this bug is still there.

Conclusion:

If IK would fix this bug, Amplitube would be an even more killer product as far as CPU usage versus quality! But at least there is some gain with this release.

Numbers:

Running the standalone mode with the default preset yields these results in my task manager:

v5.0.3: 3.3%

v5.4.0: 5%

v5.4.1: 3.5%

But if you switch to double routing and back to single:

v5.4.1: 2.2% !!!!!

Now, that would make a difference for older PCs for sure.

What is your ticket number for this issue?  Edit - also mentioned this to our Testing Manager and he seemed aware and that our devs are also aware and working on it.

6 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Tonenet is lots of fun. I  uploaded a few of my presents for the obscure stuff I do. Lots of good feedback.

I agree it is very cool and honestly I get distracted too much by playing around with far too many presets every time I open it up inside AmpliTube 5.  What is your profile there?  I'll check out your presets some time too.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

What is your ticket number for this issue?  Edit - also mentioned this to our Testing Manager and he seemed aware and that our devs are also aware and working on it.

Thanks so much for looking into this Peter. I was very impressed with this last release. Very excited. It makes Amplitube an even better product with this lower CPU usage, along with the other fixes. If the devs nail the problem stated in ticket #3712804, it would be a great plus too.

• Like 3

Installed the new version in hopes of a speed boost but it still takes 20 seconds to open the plugin, and two full seconds to display the preset menu after clicking. 

Am I just lucky, or is it as slow for everyone else too?

2 hours ago, Craig N said:

Installed the new version in hopes of a speed boost but it still takes 20 seconds to open the plugin, and two full seconds to display the preset menu after clicking. 

For me, it takes about 5 secs when I add the plugin to a track before it opens. If I simply open an already added instance on a track it is a second maybe to open. Open the preset menu has a slight delay, barely noticeable. Nothing like what you see.

My PC is an i7-4790 3.60GHz 16Gig and an SSD.

Opening the standalone version takes a lot longer, but that is to be expected.

You should contact support and see if they can help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig N said:

Mine was over 20 seconds.  But I am on an older machine (but do have SSD and 16 gigs of ram)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Craig N said:

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Mine was over 20 seconds.  But I am on an older machine (but do have SSD and 16 gigs of ram)

I just finished trying it. Yes, first time after opening, it was a little slow. Then I closed it. Re-opened and ran authorize, close and re-opened. After that it seems to launch much faster.

So far I have't had a chance to really compare how it performs compared to the previous update, but I have had no issues so far. All is good.

The latest Amplitube plugin loads into a track in about 5 seconds here. Seems solid!

i5-9600K, with 16GB DDR4 memory and SSD (SATA 2.5") disk.

CPU usage seems reasonable!

Amplitube 5 latest.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I just received the update email....

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

yeah. i got an email as well. 

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I got the emails today (again) for the recent Amplitube 5 and SampleTank 4 updates.  :)

Thanks for letting those of us who don't get the e-mails know.  BTW, I checked, and there was an update for SampleTron 2. Oh, I also checked my profile and deleted my home address in case that's why they haven't been sending me e-mails.

What’s New in SampleTron v2.0.4
- Internal support for new sound content, “The Grunge Tapes"
- Imported samples now autofill to cover notes between and around root keys
- Fixed a bug where velocity was not recalling in plug-in instance

The Grunge Tapes    Ver. 1.0.0   Released on 2022-06-23

BTW: On my computer I am still finding the correlation is off between A/B/C UI switching and MIDI switching.  (The switching of the virtual selector knob (A/B/C) and the virtual tapes themselves do not happen for me at the same time.)       

Edited by User 905133
To add a comment
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There was a backup with the system that sends update emails.  All should be good now.

If you aren't getting emails (all who have a valid email address and have whatever software has been update should be sent the update notification emails) please let the support team know.

A week?  That's a heck of a "log-jam"!