Possible to use folders in Console view? SOLVED

Billy86

I know this has been discussed before, but I can’t seem to find the thread. I believe someone had a workaround of sorts.  In track view, it’s possible to organize things into collapsible folders  to conserve the screen real estate.  It’s a beautiful thing! 

I have a project  approaching 40 tracks, 18 of which are multi-out drums.  Nearly half of the project. It would be great to collapse those in console  view so I don’t have to scroll horizontally all the time to work on things. It’s a PITA. 

It seems to me that this would be a great feature:  have the state of the console view follow that of the track view.   So, if in the track view a group is collapsed in a folder, that would be the same state in the console view, and vice versa. 

Meanwhile, does anyone have a strategy to essentially being able to collapse tracks in console view into a type of folder, like we can do in track view? Thanks for any ideas!

Edited by Billy86

22 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Don't forget you can hide tracks in Console View with the Track Manager (keyboard shortcut H). When hidden, they'll still exist, and still play back...you just won't see them. 

Thanks all for weighing in! This gets the job done for my purposes! I never realized you could hide tracks in console view. I thought it was only in track view.  Just hiding the multi-track drums clears up a lot of screen real estate... Thanks, Craig!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, Gswitz said:

Can you use screen sets to save arrays of visible tracks?

I haven't needed this before but it might work in lieu of folders.

Yes you can. Works great. I have a Screen Set for Trks, one for Busses, and several others that allows me many different view very quickly, depending on what phase the song is in.

• Like 1