T-RackS Group Buy 2022

DrShelder

With a sale like this, basically almost giving away there whole T-Racks library, makes me wonder if it's a last stab to grab some quick cash before releasing a new version T-Racks 6 or a discontinuation of T-Racks all together.  Maybe a whole new product line.

...or maybe not.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleStudios said:

With a sale like this, basically almost giving away there whole T-Racks library, makes me wonder if it's a last stab to grab some quick cash before releasing a new version T-Racks 6 or a discontinuation of T-Racks all together.  Maybe a whole new product line.

...or maybe not.

Nah to the discontinuation; this is a pretty regular IK thing. They just keep going bigger!

24 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

...or maybe not.

IK cops some flack, some of which is definitely deserved, but they're the reigning champions of group buys and giveaway truckloads of software, including some of their newly released plugins and instruments at times.

I couldn't rule out TR6 coming out soon, but I can't imagine them discontinuing it given how long it's been around for and how successful it is.

And even if they did release TR6, I would definitely not be surprised to see that in a group buy pretty damn soon after its release too 🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Something to remember.  Free products don't count towards "upgrades" so, while the group buys are 
certainly great, they're not of much benefit otherwise.  Once you've got 'em...that's it.

Yeah their upgrade policy is bizarre.. IMO they would sell a HEAP more software if they counted them for upgrades too..

I can't see any real need to upgrade anything I own from them (which feels almost like I own everything thanks to a previous group buy 🤣) but that aspect would make them more enticing as a company if I felt the need right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Something to remember.  Free products don't count towards "upgrades" so, while the group buys are 
certainly great, they're not of much benefit otherwise.  Once you've got 'em...that's it.

Free choices from group buys are eligible now.  Something I and a couple others here really pushed for and got the team to implement.  For example, those who own T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb qualify for the 9.99 upgrade (vs 49.99) MixBox Sunset Sound modules.

Do they get it right every time?  No.  But I also now take part in a regular meeting with the lead of the team that sets up the eligibility and the reminders are not so gentle any more so I hope this gets squared away to be right each time, every time, from the go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

4 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I wasn't the only one making noise about either of these things, though, I hope I didn't give that impression.  Either way, forward motion and all, good to see.

No you didn't give that impression.  And yes, very good forward motion to all making the noise!!

22 hours ago, LittleStudios said:

...or maybe not.

IKM Pretty much gave it away in the last GB. Hence, why there is very little incentive to buy into it now. This deal only good for people that didn't get it last time. I am fairly sure a new one will be released.

Edited by telecode 101

On 7/26/2022 at 11:08 PM, bluzdog said:

You could duplicate any items that aren't NFR and flip the originals.

Yes, I did and I'm full up!  I've been eying the Tape plugins and Fame and few others for a while and this was a great way to pick up them up and was totally worth it.  I just wish there was something to do with extra picks...  🤔

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2