T-RackS Group Buy 2022

DrShelder

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Anyone has a T-RackS freebie lying around I can use to enter the GB?

I’ll trade you my Native Instruments Lo-Fi Glow serial I got from Focusrite. 

I’ll trade you my Native Instruments Lo-Fi Glow serial I got from Focusrite. :)

19 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Same here. I will gladly trade my LF Glow serial for a IKM Tracks freebie if you aren't using it. PM me.

You do realize that if any IKM product is already registered, then it is subject to a $19.99 IKM license transfer fee? Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think actual freebies qualify as group buy entries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

You do realize that if any IKM product is already registered, then it is subject to a $19.99 IKM license transfer fee? Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think actual freebies qualify as group buy entries.

Freebies do not qualify for Group Buys....and yes, there is a $19.99 transfer fee

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yes. I saw that. I thought as others have posted, we were trying to give away the spare lic of Lo Fi Glow for freebies of IKM.

8 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

we were trying to give away the spare lic of Lo Fi Glow for freebies of IKM.

Right, but as Larry confirmed, you cannot enter the T-RackS group buy with an IKM freebie, which was the expressed purpose for acquiring the IKM T-RackS freebie.

For the group buy, you would still have to purchase, or I suppose transfer, a qualifying license.

It's fine if you just want a freebie IKM license for your kit, but that freebie is normally going to run you $19.99 because of the transfer fee. Unless somebody was holding onto an IKM redemption code from a 3rd party deal that hasn't been registered to any account yet. But those are pretty rare.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, abacab said:

Right, but as Larry confirmed, you cannot enter the T-RackS group buy with an IKM freebie, which was the expressed purpose for acquiring the IKM T-RackS freebie.

For the group buy, you would still have to purchase, or I suppose transfer, a qualifying license.

It's fine if you just want a freebie IKM license for your kit, but that freebie is normally going to run you $19.99 because of the transfer fee. Unless somebody was holding onto an IKM redemption code from a 3rd party deal that hasn't been registered to any account yet. But those are pretty rare.

Thats pretty crazy when you think about it. $20 to transfer a license. It's almost as if IKM don't want you to resell their license for less than they can sell it to someone. 😂

• Haha 3

Are license transfers even eligible for the Group Buy?

I have presumably been able to use freebies in the past as I was given one for the recent synth GB.

An acquaintance gave me a license out of the blue and it worked.

There are people selling cheap licences that they advertise as being eligible and based on their feedback records I believe them.

Oh, the ethical dilemma of it all.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

We're nearing the end of this Group Buy and had a good rush recently but let's keep it going, with a good bump and reason I can help get this extended.  But if we don't, this is the best time to get Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip and get a bunch more (now 33 for the price of 1) https://www.ikmultimedia.com/trgb2022

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 2