T-RackS Group Buy 2022

DrShelder

3 hours ago, Grem said:

That's a good catch. I didn't see that. You gotta have the mic!!! (actually you don't need that mic, but you do need a compatible mic!!)

I grabbed the Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Condenser Microphone for $29, to go with the ARC software I got in the last group buy... :)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ECM8000--behringer-ecm8000-measurement-condenser-microphone

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My local music store can order this in from IK:

AC-250-MIC-IN  MEMS MICROPHONE FOR ARC 2.5

Is this the most current mic? Or is there a different one for ARC 3?

Edited by Luc

@Peter - IK Multimedia I sure do like how ya'll got the GB page set up now. Very clear, easy to understand. All products that I don't own and can buy to qualify for the GB, the prices are in Green!!! That's a great improvement. Each tier clearly states how many you get if get in on the tier and it goes all the way. Great job this time!! 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

All products that I don't own and can buy to qualify for the GB, the prices are in Green!

Those are just "new" products. They're the same for everyone, doesn't matter if you're logged in.

New promotion page design and grouping items by price is nice!

Like many here I'm in the category of having almost everything from the last group buy. Great deal for new users. 

If anyone needs to run them on multiple computers at the same time (simultaneous use, not just installs), I think this could be a nice way of picking up second licenses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antler said:

IK must have generated a lot of cash when combining this GB and the recent one that just ended, and yet... it's still not enough to buy a code signing certificate to digitally sign their binaries?

are the Windows binaries not signed at all? If they aren't signed, Peter, could this be considered a feature request/bug and investigated, or re-evaluated if a known issue? It has some benefits to your users, and if someone wants a tangible benefit to prioritize something, it helps smooth the install process on Windows.

on Mac the product manager seems to be signed but IIRC Apple mandated this for 10.14 or 10.15.

3 hours ago, mister_tea said:

are the Windows binaries not signed at all?

I've often wondered about that on Window 10. I get an alert when non-signed binaries are used, and IK always triggers that. But the good news is that they pass the Virus Total scan...

On 6/18/2022 at 1:10 AM, chris.r said:

Old customers 😜

yup. this ^^

I think with this GB, if you are already a customer, you gotta figure out how much do you really want these new effects plugins IKM have released in last 12 months. If you think you really need them and will use them, then I guess it's an okay deal. But for someone who already has  almost all of T-Racks, you are getting screwed,  as there isn't much you can use your freebies on other than accumulating a 2nd set of licenses of everything, which only you can use, as you won't be able to sell them anyways.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

users who were almost up to date might feel weird about the concept of "buy 1, get 50, only need 6"

but I don't think we are being treated unfairly or anything... it's nice these promotions seem to be run once a year or more, we can evaluate and wait for the next one.

also nice for them to automatically include anyone who had purchased Chiccarelli on release

Edited by mister_tea
made shorter
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, chris.r said:

Old customers 😜

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

But for someone who already has  almost all of T-Racks, you are getting screwed

Naw, you still have nearly everything (all but Chiccerelli for me). 

Just don't go back and add up the money you've spent at IK over the past decade (for me at least) and you'll feel much better (than if you did!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, chris.r said:

Is Fame Studio Reverb bringing anything new to the Sunset Studio Reverb, apart from a different vibe?

It is a completely different studio, so the rooms are from FAME (and directly, not from photos or any guesswork, we spend major time in the studios we recreate directly in order to measure everything properly and get the best results).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1