50% off GForce The Streetly Tapes Violins & Vox for M-tron Pro

cclarry

Installed!

First impressions are good,  just remember these are new Mellotron sounds, not a new modern string and choir library. The spiccato and pizzicato offer something a little different for a mellotron.

Flipping through the presets some of the new layered "Artist Patches" sound very good indeed.

The new sounds are violin and soprano, so its all high register stuff, most of its pretty bright and I think one may often end up rolling off the treble slightly in a mix.

Of course Claire Lindley happens to be violinist with one of my favourite bands, Big Big Train, was also with another favourite of mine Stackridge so I was hooked in straight away.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Installed!

First impressions are good,  just remember these are new Mellotron sounds, not a new modern string and choir library. The spiccato and pizzicato offer something a little different for a mellotron.

Flipping through the presets some of the new layered "Artist Patches" sound very good indeed.

The new sounds are violin and soprano, so its all high register stuff, most of its pretty bright and I think one may often end up rolling off the treble slightly in a mix.

Of course Claire Lindley happens to be violinist with one of my favourite bands, Big Big Train, was also with another favourite of mine Stackridge so I was hooked in straight away.

Thanks for the review, @Vernon Barnes. As I shared, I thought the demos sounded good,  but I wasn't totally certain they were a fit for me.  Getting feedback from other musicians in the forum who have bought the expansions is helpful.