Steinberg Announces VST Live

Daniel Hulse

Make your live easier with VST Live, the ultimate live performance system. A unique, stable software solution, it is designed for musicians who want to put on a great show, including sound, lights and video, wherever you are. VST Live comes with a vast array of virtual instruments, sync features for your music, text and chord symbol displaying on other devices, video, Cubase import, MIDI tracks for direct DMX light control and much more.

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-live/

$99.99 promo price, M1 native

• Like 2

They also have an accompanying iOS app, VST Live Mods, that displays chord, lyrics, and a metronome.  Could be useful.

Requires the Pro version though.

Edited by ALC

Given that this is a new product, would it only support VST3 (given that Steinberg ended their support for VST2 on Cubase)?  I would expect AU support on Mac.

Edited by ALC

I’m interested in this product space.  Looking for a lightweight, reliable program for live use (mainly for hosting amp sims).  I want to be able to press a pedal on a MIDI controller and switch on and off effects and scenes/presets (pretty rudimentary).

Studio One Professional has a Show Page/performance view. It’s good for setting whole scenes/presets but it wasn’t so obvious how to switch individual plugins on and off by MIDI CC.

Looked at Cantibile.  I like that it’s focused on being lightweight.  Unfortunately, it’s Windows only.

Been waiting on a deal on Gig Performer, but now I might as well check this out.

I know a number of folks on here use Gig Performer.  Any thoughts?

Edited by ALC