Melodyne appears to be creating region but doesn't

Sven

I find Melodyne's current behavior to really be hit or miss.  I may go to their editor and see blobs or not depending on the current alignment of the planets.  I've tried freeing up memory and disk space to no avail.  I restart the project and don't see them but them later on I might double click on a clip and the blobs are there.  I can't find no rhyme nor reason yet. 

I'm patient and will restart a project to free up memory or whatever if it lets me get on with it.  But I don't know what works here.

I would love to know the solution to this.  It's really slowing me down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

the default for the separations folder is your documents folder (typically on your C:\ drive) 🙂 and if you're using OneDrive etc to sync that, it's a potential spot for file handle conflicts. also and quota restrictions (not likely), or disk space available (possible).

Thanks. That's where mine are. Only 25, less than 10 GB. I'll probably delete them. Any changes I make, I bounce. So the separations are probably useless.

in theory, melodyne is supposed to clean up the separations when rendered, however it doesn't for some reason, so take a look at it while you have engaged the rfx and before you do the render to see the actions. also, to set the directory somewhere else, you need to use the exe as the region fx doesn't have the option to set it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

in theory, melodyne is supposed to clean up the separations when rendered, however it doesn't for some reason, so take a look at it while you have engaged the rfx and before you do the render to see the actions. also, to set the directory somewhere else, you need to use the exe as the region fx doesn't have the option to set it.

Thanks. I don't really have anything to render so far. I need at least two of the tracks I can't create Region FX for together in Melodyne to do what I want to do. Since I haven't been able to do that, I've been using Edit > Undo to remove the region FX I create in other tracks for testing, deleting any clips created in the Audio folder and closing the project without saving.

Glad you asked about Separations. I have been generating some separations and some of those appear to be for the clips Region FX clips can't be created in. So I deleted the entire contents of the Seperations folder. I also noticed that some (but not all) of the clips that I can't create Region FX in have the Edit Filter set to automation. I thought that might be the problem and changed all to Clips.

But I still can't create Melodyne Region FX in any of the six vocal tracks. Also attempting to create a Region FX doesn't create a Separation doesn't show up in the Edit/Undo list.

7 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

maybe copy (import?) of a couple of those track clips over to a blank clean project and try to apply the melodyne there. just raw audio tracks.

Yes. Thanks again for all the suggestions. I'll probably start over and do the edits before duping tracks. Problem here is I was well into the mix when I decided to edit some of the vocal tracks in Melodyne. I've done this before but this time I can't and I don't know why.