missing files

I'm trying to open an old project from sonar producer and it can't find the files, see attachment. It may have been my error if I moved the project to a different folder, or if I imported these files without making copies. However the waveforms still show up in the track view, not sure why. I think the audio folder system has changed now since sonar, is there a link that I can study to understand the new system? And is there a way to find these files? Thank you!!

Untitled.jpg

You would have to search for the files on your hard drive to see if they still exist. If you can find them you can drag them in or point to them when opening the project. If you can't find them then I am afraid you are out of luck. 

The waveforms are just saved images that represent the audio, they don't directly point to the audio. They are cached so they can still be there even if the audio does not exist.

Take a screenshot or write down the name of each of the missing files. Open the drive you might have used and use the search in the upper right corner. 
Often when this happens it’s from the old days when you needed to choose per project folders. The default was to use the global audio folder so dozens of songs would be all moshed together. 
My guess is if you still have the drive from that time period that’s where the audio is. 
Good luck and happy hunting!