Rainy Day in Paradise

Bajan Blue

I was going through an old music archive  the other day and found this track, Rainy Day in Paradise,  that I'd never really done anything with - this is from about 10 years ago - so I did a quick video as I needed to get my system ready and "tuned up"  for some heavy duty video work soon - new album very nearly finished, so I will soon be doing lots of videos!

I think I would do a few things differently mix wise if I was doing this track today, but I hope you enjoy it.

Nigel

https://devinelie.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/DevineLie/videos

https://open.spotify.com/album/4wi4STVNSG7Wm6RuRM3DFz

• Like 6

Yep very enjoyable video Nigel - did you mention something about an audio track?? (might have got ever so slightly distracted) 😂

Just kidding, really nice groove - maybe could use some extra variation - a few horns in there perhaps but hey, what do I know. 🙂

Looking forward to the new stuff.

Andy

Great groove, love the sound of the electric piano. Great balance throughout, the bass is rich without being overpowering.

Somewhat off topic, how do you do a video like this!?? You said it was a 'quick video.' What the heck, man, how is something this polished a 'quick video?'

On 6/13/2022 at 7:36 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice Rhodes/Wurli intro, always like a little delayed EP. My only thought was that the drums are a little busy in the intro but other wise all is good. :) 

Hi Wookie

Thanks for the kind comments - i think if i was mixing this now, that's probably one of the things I would change!!

Cheers

Nigel

On 6/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, Larry T. said:

nicely realized.....everything fits together so smoothly 🎶🎶🎶🎶

HI Larry - really appreciate the comments

Thanks

Nigel

On 6/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, AndyB01 said:

Yep very enjoyable video Nigel - did you mention something about an audio track?? (might have got ever so slightly distracted) 😂

Just kidding, really nice groove - maybe could use some extra variation - a few horns in there perhaps but hey, what do I know. 🙂

Looking forward to the new stuff.

Andy

Hi Andy

I agree, as I said above, I would do things a bit differently now - thanks for taking the time to watch (perhaps listen🤪) - hope you enjoyed it

new stuff going well - going to start on videos next week!

Cheers

Nigel

Great groove.

When I lived in London, I used to buy acid jazz compilations from Camden Dock Market. There was a guy who would put together cassettes of stuff like Jimmy Smith, and this track would not have been out of place on one of those compilations. 

Great job.

Edited by Philip G Hunt

On 6/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, DeeringAmps said:

👏

Thanks tom, appreciate your time as always

Nigel

On 6/15/2022 at 2:31 PM, Barry Seymour said:

Great groove, love the sound of the electric piano. Great balance throughout, the bass is rich without being overpowering.

Somewhat off topic, how do you do a video like this!?? You said it was a 'quick video.' What the heck, man, how is something this polished a 'quick video?'

Hi Barry - well I've been doing video stuff for a long time, so this one, which is totally library clips, was pretty quick to put together - i think the main trick is to have a good video software package - I use Magix Movie edit pro, which is basically the old Sony Vegas, which I have been using for years.

Thanks for the listen and kind comments

Nigel

On 6/16/2022 at 8:08 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool track Nigel - this had a bit of a laid back lounge vibe to me.  The mix sounded good to me - well done.

Enjoyed the video as well.

Hi Douglas

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 5:39 AM, Philip G Hunt said:

Great groove.

When I lived in London, I used to buy acid jazz compilations from Camden Dock Market. There was a guy who would put together cassettes of stuff like Jimmy Smith, and this track would not have been out of place on one of those compilations. 

Great job.

Hi Philip

I really like Kevin Yost, so I think I was going for something like that, but I'll take Jimmy Smith🤪

Thanks for that, really appreciate the very kind comments

Keep well

Nigel